12 Traditional Christmas Cookie Recipes That Are Better Homemade Than Store-Bought

Christmas cookies are 100% the best part of the holidays. With all of these recipes, there is bound to be at least one to please a crowd. Why not make all 12 and see.

205

Baking is one of my all-time favorite holiday activities. I especially love making these recipes. Every year my family makes a point to come together and bake this list of Christmas cookie recipes because it is so much fun and totally worth the work put in. My favorites are gingersnaps (#1), but every cookie on this list is worth making. Buy some fun sprinkles and festive aprons put on a Christmas movie and have yourself a super cozy and festive baking session. The best part about this is reaping the rewards after, just think about how many warm cookies there will be!

1. Gingersnaps

Gingersnaps are literally the best cookie of all time.

If you've never made a homemade gingersnap you need to make one right now!! These are my favorite cookie of all time, they cant be a lot of work, but it's totally worth it.

2. Sugar Cookies

Make these as intricate or as plain as you want.

These are the most classic Christmas cookies. It's basically mandatory to bake sugar cookies for Christmas and to make them in fun holiday shapes.

3. Vanilla Biscotti

Cookies can be for breakfast too.

Vanilla Bean Biscotti is also a staple for Christmas at my house. These pair super good with coffee as well, so cookies for breakfast!

4. Pizelles

Another classic cookie in my house around Christmas.

This Christmas cookie recipe is simple, but it's definitely a family favorite. The lighter flavor of a Pizelle makes is perfect after a big Christmas dinner.

5. Oatmeal Rasin

The most underrated cookie.

Oatmeal raisin cookies are by far the coziest cookie for a cold winter day. Serve these with some cinnamon tea and you're bound to have a happy family.

6. Raspberry Thumb Print Cookies

This Christmas cookie recipe is one you definitely need on your table. The raspberries in these Raspberry Jam Thumbprint cookies basically makes them healthy.

7. Gingerbread

I could probably eat this whole plate right now.

Gingerbread cookies are definitely one of the more complicated cookies you can make, but its 100% worth your time. Plus you can decorate them adorably.

8. Chocolate Chip Biscotti

I'll take a dozen of these.

Unsure which of these two biscotti recipes I like more. These Chocolate Chip biscotti are bomb, plus look how cute they are wrapped up as gifts.

9. Shortbread

Easy, but delicious.

Shortbread cookies are one of the less exciting recipes, but you can totally spice them up. Dip them in chocolate and press them in sprinkles, nuts or candy cane for a fun twist.

10. Snickerdoodles

Cinnamon is the most important holiday spice imo.

Who doesn't love Snickerdoodles? Rolling them in the cinnamon sugar can be a project, but filling a bag with the topping and dropping in some dough balls makes it much easier.

11. Kiss Cookies

A classic cookie gone festive.

My family always seems to have a million of these Candy Cane kisses lying around. This Candy Cane Kiss Christmas cookie recipe is exactly what my family needs to eat all of them.

12. Brownie Cookies

Can't decide between a brownie or a cookie? Have both!

These cookies are unreal, they are so chocolatey and have such a good texture. If you're looking for a new cookie to mix up your regular bunch, this is the one for you.