13 Trader Joe's Products To Try This Winter

Perfect for college kids who are trying to cook for one while saving time AND money

170
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Trader_Joes_in_Tanasbourne_-_Hillsboro%2C_Oregon.JPG

Are you bored of dining hall food? Is your cabinet lacking inspiration? Look no further! These are all the Trader Joe's products you should pick up this month to mix up your tired meal rotation. They have a lot of products that make cooking for one easy, along with a huge variety to satisfy different dietary needs and flavor palettes. Perfect for college kids, Trader Joe's products will make your meals ten times better.

(Note: not all images picture the listed products)

1. Toasted Coconut Pancake Mix

upload.wikimedia.org

Why you should try it: These pancakes are chewy, crispy, and fluffy all at once. The coconut is just the tiniest bit sweet and gives the pancakes a nutty flavor. Perfect for a satisfying and delicious breakfast.

2. Cauliflower Gnocchi

upload.wikimedia.org

Why you should try it: If you love gnocchi I promise you'll like this. Try it boiled or pan-fried, with your favorite sauce (I recommend TJ's vegan pesto). The cauliflower aftertaste is so subtle that you won't even notice it

3. Cowboy Caviar

c1.staticflickr.com

Why you should try it: This is my favorite salsa of all time - just a little bit spicy, it's perfect on tacos, over rice, or just scooped onto a tortilla chip.

4. Just Mango - Dried Mango

c1.staticflickr.com

Why you should try it: These dried mango slices are perfect for when you're craving something sweet, and they last longer than fresh fruit would.

5. Vegan Kale, Cashew, & Basil Pesto

c1.staticflickr.com

Why you should try it: This is hands down the best pesto I've ever tasted. Don't let "vegan" scare you off - this pesto is so good you won't even miss the cheese.

6. Plantain Chips

c1.staticflickr.com

Why you should try it: These chips are the perfect amount of salty of crispy, and are great for snacking or on the side of a meal. Pro tip - try them with hot sauce or the Cowboy Caviar.

7. Superfood Pilaf

c2.staticflickr.com

Why you should try it: A mix of sweet potato, carrots, quinoa, and kale, this pilaf is healthy and satisfying but still tastes delicious.

8. Chicken Soup Dumplings

c1.staticflickr.com

Why you should try it: Soup dumplings are little miracle bundles. Trader Joe's soup dumplings are even better because they're inexpensive.

9. Vegetable Tikka Masala

c1.staticflickr.com

Why you should try it: It's a full and flavorful meal without the hassle of cooking or washing dishes. If you're not keen on the veggie version, they also have an incredible chicken one!

10. Thai Lime and Chili Cashews

c1.staticflickr.com

Why you should try it: Nuts are great to munch on for quick and portable energy, but they can get boring after a while. The chili lime seasoning is the perfect kick to spice up your afternoon snack.

11. Teeny Tiny Avocados

c1.staticflickr.com

Why you should try it: You've probably had avocados before, but they can be hard to eat if you're cooking for one. They don't store well and if you only want a little bit it can feel like way too much. These tiny avocados are the perfect size for a single serving, either as a snack, a spread, or a topping!

12. Everything But the Bagel Seasoning

c1.staticflickr.com

Why you should try it: It's the seasoning of the gods - put it on eggs, avocado, baked potatoes, salads... literally anything you could possibly think of.

13. Falafel (Frozen)

upload.wikimedia.org

Why you should try it: These premade falafel are easy to heat up and make the perfect filling for a pita, protein for a salad, or finger food for a party. They're tasty and add some easy non-animal protein to any meal.