Dear Ex Best Friend
Friendships

Dear Toxic Ex-Best Friend, You Best Believe I'm Done Blaming Myself

You weren't who I thought you were.

440

I have no idea what to say to you so, I just decided to put it in a letter. There are just things that never really added up over the past few months. I still find things to blame myself for, but I know that it wasn't me. It was just us being two different people that never really viewed things the same.

At first, everything seemed to be fine. We would got along great, laugh all the time and made if friends. It was super fun. We made summer ours and did everything we could to have the best time. You were there for me and i was there for you. Along with our friend group. We were inseparable. It felt like we were going to be best friends forever.

But we were both wrong. What I didn't know was that you weren't good for me. We would get into fights and I would blame myself for every time we fought. I didn't want to lose a friend that meant so much to me. I also hated that I would get you upset, because I felt it was my fault. Now that I see it with fresh eyes, it wasn't anything I did, it was more so that you would get upset over the little things.

It was anytime i corrected you, anytime I said something about anyone we both know, or just anytime I stated a fact. It was always something I said and nothing anyone else in the group said. Little did I know that was a red flag big time. Especially at a time where I was trying to put myself first, be healthy for myself, and keep a positive mind on life. You were more negative on the life aspect. That was and is not something that I needed.

I am sorry for how things turned out and I wish you the best of luck with everything you do. I wish that you meet the boy of your dreams, I wish you get that job you have always wanted and I wish you learn what it means to be a genuine and kind hearted friend. Nothing but the best in life for you. I am thankful you were my friend when I needed you, but i'm also thankful you decided to leave when it was time.

Related Articles Around the Web