Towson Women's Basketball Heads To The NCAA Tournament

Towson Is Going Into The NCAA Tournament As The Underdog and Hoping To Come Out The Champion

For the first time in program history, Towson is about to play with the big girls.

73
Towson University Women's Basketball - Brandi Rosenberger

Towson University. Towson University on Saturday, March 16, 2019, won the CAA Championship game. Picked eighth in the preseason poll, no one ever expected that this team under the second-year head coach Diane Richardson would win a championship game. It's not just significant because they won, it's a big deal because it was the first time that Towson had even been to the big game.

Throughout the three games of the CAA Championship, Towson's defense was unshakable. Never in any of the three games did they ever let another team score 50 points.

Towson quieted those who didn't believe and proved to them why they should never count us out.

Coach Rich recruited her players very wisely. Everyone she brought to the table brings something new and fresh to the conversation. Through and through in every practice, one of the few things they preach over and over again is to never give up and to never quit. They run every drill to perfection, from basics like rebounding to plays and how to execute the offense.

This team is not one to take lightly. They are a threat.

Every one of those players has a specific set of skills and are not to be messed with.

Coming into the NCAA Tournament for the first time in program history is without a doubt a little intimidating, but the coaches and the players remain undaunted. They have full faith in themselves, as do I. Over the course of the regular season, I have seen them grow and progress into the team they are today.

Greatness was not just given to this team. It was something they earned through their own blood, sweat, and tears. Every shot, every layup, three-point, blocked shot and rebound all got them to where they are today.

I am so incredibly proud of them. Being their manager has been one of the highlights of my college career. Experiencing them winning and losing is a part of the process, and I am so glad I met each and every one of them.

The coaches, players and other managers believe we can truly do it. They believe we can beat UCONN. I believe we can beat them.

At the end of the day, what you need to know is that UCONN is just another team. The names on their jerseys don't intimidate us. Just like our girls, they are college players and go through everything just like we do.

We can and will try our hardest to come out on top in the NCAA tournament.

To my Towson Basketball girls, I'll be right there in the stands watching.