Top 10 Least Awful Nickleback Songs

Top 10 Least Awful Nickleback Songs

132
Top 10 Least Awful Nickleback Songs
chartattack.com

Look, I don't want to be here doing this. I hate Nickleback. Like, really really hate them. I have thought they have sucked for the longest time. I could tell you reasons why, but you already know the reason why. That being said, while doing research for another future article, I stumbled upon old Nickleback songs and looked at the YouTube comment sections for all of them. I shockingly discovered that there are die hard fans of Nickleback. They proclaimed that Nickleback songs have such deep meanings and anybody who doesn't like them should go back to pop music. I realized right then and there that Nickleback fans have it rough, so I decided to throw them a bone and write a top-ten good Nickleback songs article. A few seconds into doing research, I found that list to be impossible to write because all Nickleback songs suck and it was pure torture doing he research. So, I decided to meet Nickleback fans halfway. I'll make a list of songs that suck but don't suck as hard as others or have very little good things about them. So, as I plummet my credibility into the dirt for good, let's start the countdown.

10. Savin' Me.

I'm going to be upfront: there is not a single good thing about this song. Not one. It's everything we've come to know and hate about Nickleback. Chad Kroger's vocals are at deadly levels of horrible. The music itself is unnecessarily loud and obnoxious. Just beats you over the head with its sheer awfulness. However, the music video is incredible. In a list of scrapping the bottom of the barrel, that is the stuff I have to take into account. So, I'd advise you to look up the music video and put it on mute cause the music video tells a killer story I'd like to see play out on the big screen. Minus the Nickleback.

9. Photograph.

This one is also on the list by no merit of the band itself but the world around them. This song is the most unintentionally hilarious song in history. This has brought about countless funny impersonations of the opening lyrics and has brought great joy to many groups of friends. The vocals and lyrics are laughably bad. I think it made the world stand still and ask, "Are these Canadians serious, bro?" This song on every level is awful and makes zero sense. How are we to look at the photograph if we are listening to a song? How are we to know what the hell is on Joey's head? We are listening to a song, it's impossible to view a song. Also, we don't know Joey, you do. So you would probably be the best person to know what's on Joey's head. This song is so bad it's entertaining. So, it earns a spot on this list entirely by mistake.

8. Animals

The two things that separate the awful Nickleback songs from the unbearable ones are how they use Chad Kroger's voice and what kind of song they do. Are they playing to their strengths? Anytime you get a sappy emotional or "inspirational" song from them it's just plain awful. It's some of the most hollow sentiments on the radio and it's a chore to get through. However, when Nickleback sings about stuff they are actually capable of understanding, like partying or sex, they tend to not completely embarrass themselves and for Nickleback that's all they can hope for. This song is about sex. So, it is in their wheelhouse. Plus the fast paced nature of this song might appeal to some. I wouldn't call it fun but it's a welcome change of pace.

7. Something in your mouth.

Nickleback are the band equivalent of a frat house. So a song about eying down women at a party and talking up her blow jobs viewing that as a proper compliment is par for the course of them. This is also continues the unwelcome trait of making the same exact music over and over again. This song sounds dangerously like animals, but Kroger's vocals are far more tolerable in this version so it gets just that bit of a boost.

6. Hero

I know this cheating since it's only Chad Kroger and not Nickleback but screw it, same thing. This is ranked so high just for Spider-Man. I love Spider-Man so much. He is such a good hero he almost pulls Nickleback to a tolerable song. Almost spidey, almost.

5. Far Away

I know I stated earlier that Nickleback is at their best when they sing about shallow stuff they know about. This is the one exception because there is always an exception even when it comes to Nickelback. Kroger's vocals are still crap but at least with this one he sounds genuine and like he is trying. It's also not a badly written song. Sure it's middle school shlock but that has its place and had it been performed by another band or vocals it could have been a gem. If only, if only.

4. Burn it to the ground.

Well screw that sentimental crap. Let's get back to what makes Nickleback, Nickleback. The insane partying anthems. This is Nickelback's adrenaline shot to the heart. In some ways this captures the spirit of a party Saturday night and just for that it has merit. One of the rare cases where Nickleback is perfect for the song they are performing. It's shallow but so is Saturday night partying. Kroger's vocals once again hurts the song in many areas but when grasping at straws you gotta get what you take.

3. This Afternoon Now this song perfectly represents what Nickleback should have always been. A laid back kind of party rock. I can't quite place it but this song has a charm about it. It's almost entirely the actual composition of the music. The band itself hits a homerun with this one. If they had a lead singer who didn't sound like a literal singing asshole this might have been damn good. The lyrics are also endearing. If anybody genuinely likes this song, I would get it. Burn It to the Ground might represent a crazy Saturday night party but this one captures those chilled laid back parties. Almost perfectly.

2. Rockstar

This the only song in the entire Nickleback catalog where Chad Kroger is perfect to sing this song. It's about aspiring to be a rockstar. That's perfect for him. Keep the dream alive buddy. Also the song conceptually is perfect. We all had those moments where we wanted to be Rockstars. This songs the captures the feeling of wanting to live that rocker lifestyle and exactly how we would live it. The lyrics are wonky in places but the concept really makes up for it and the music isn't the worst they have done. It may not be the greatest or even good but Nickleback can mark this in the win column.

1. Into the Night.

I do not care that I'm cheating. Not even the slightest bit. To be number one on this list would be that this is the closest song to being good from Nickleback. I can't in good conscience give any of their songs that kind of distinction. So, I gave that distinction to Carlos Santana. The guitar work in this song is nothing short of spectacular and to Chad Kroger's credit he doesn't ruin the song with his vocals or own guitar work. If I were to recommend any song related to Nickleback (Shoot me) it would be this one. Santana is so good he made Chad Kroger tolerable. That is quite the feat.