My Top 6 Soups For This Winter Season

My Top 6 Soups For This Winter Season

As cold weather hits Oklahoma, here are some of the soups I plan on eating quite a bit of this winter.

7
My Top 6 Soups For This Winter Season

Winter time brings my favorite time of the year: soup season. I am a big soup gal anytime of the year actually. I definitely have my favorites at this point in my life. However, I am impartial to anything with chicken. Though, as a normally picky eater, anything with chicken is my favorite.

In no particular order, here are some of my favorites I will be enjoying several times this winter.

Chicken Noodle Soup

I don't know if this is common, but I eat my chicken noodle soup with mashed potatoes. My family uses egg noodles, when they aren't homemade. My mom uses canned chicken with the noodles. Then my mom makes mashed potatoes while the rest is cooking. Overall, I love Chicken 'n Noodles.

Potato Soup

Potato soup is my family's go to on a cold day. My mom mashes the potatoes like you would with mashed potatoes but not all the way. Let me tell you about two other things we use: celery seed and sour cream. My family uses sour cream in mashed potatoes and potato soup.

Taco Soup

Anytime cold weather hits pretty significantly, you can probably find my family eating taco soup. If you don't know what it is, it consists of: hamburger meat, petite diced tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder, taco seasoning, and I think ranch packets. I also put shredded cheese in my bowl when I eat it and I eat it with tortilla chips.

Regular Chili 

I did not like chili at all growing up. I still don't like Frito's, so I won't be eating Frito Chili Pie this winter. But I love it now. Although, you won't find me eating cornbread with it either. I also don't like when things like crackers or cereal get soggy so unless I am using crackers and the chili as a dip.

Chicken Chili

My all-time favorite thing to eat, really anytime of the year, is chicken chili. My cousin introduced me to this, although I make it my own. I usually don't decide dinner early enough to make it in a crockpot.

I take a package of chicken, boil and shred it. Then I take cream cheese, corn, rotel, and drained black beans. Then you take a ranch dressing packet, chili powder, and cumin. Let this thicken and simmer for a bit and you could stop here. I will say it is thick and I use Tostitos Scoops, has to be those for me, as it is really kind of a dip in my opinion. But you can take it a step further and add lime juice, which I do every time. It just adds something special to it.

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

When I'm at work and I want soup, Panera's microwavable Broccoli Cheddar Soup is my go to. I love this stuff. There is just something different that I like about it. Where I am from we don't have Panera so I have never tried it there. I also haven't been to the one in Stillwater to eat yet. Maybe something I will have to try this soup season.