Top Clayton Davis Quotes From "Coming Home"

Because every woman needs a dark cowboy like Clayton “Clay” Davis in their lives.

9

I first fell in love with the "Coming Home" series when I read "Lost Rider" as a freshman in college. I particularly swooned over the oldest Davis sibling, Clayton (Clay). He was so sweet, in addition to being so protective of his younger brother, Maverick; their tomboyish little sister, Quinn; Quinn's best friend, Leighton; and eventually his girlfriend, Caroline. If I wrote down all my favorite parts involving Clayton, it would end up being a whole book. In light of that fact, here are a few quotes that demonstrate how loving, protective, and wise the oldest Davis sibling can be:

1). “You’ve got every right to be here. You’re just as much a part of our family as he is. Hell, maybe even more so than he is at this point. So, just shut up, come with us, and ignore him.” 

2). “It’s never too late, baby brother, as long as you’re still breathin’.” 

3). “What do you want me to say, sugar? I’m not gonna stand in the way of this if it’s what you want. You want me to remind you I’m here if you need me for anything? Because I will if you need to hear that, even if it goes without repeatin’, Quinny. I want you happy, and if Tate is the man to help you get there, then that’s good, little sister, that’s real good.”

4). “Goes without sayin’, but I’m gonna say it anyway: I’m happy as Hell that you’re officially goin’ to be a part of our family like you’ve always been meant to be.” 

5). “Nah, you’re not a mess, sugar, just a little dusty.” 

6). “Just because it’s been years, sweetheart, doesn’t mean feelings are just gonna vanish.”

7). “You want me to take you farther away from whoever put those tears on your beautiful face? Or do you want me to bring you back to your friend so she can do it? Either way, Caroline, I’m not leavin’ your side until I know you’re okay.” 

8). “Darlin’, you’re not broken. You’re still standin’, which means you’re just a little dinged up, maybe even a little bent, but you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who isn’t.”

9). “You aren’t ever truly broken until you can no longer keep movin’ forward and they’re lowerin’ you into the ground. It’s what you call the ugly parts of someone that prove to others just how strong they really are.” 

10). “I don't deserve someone as sweet as you, Linney. I really don't. But that's not gonna stop me from keepin' you. Words are weak, darlin', it's actions that mean somethin' when it comes to a man's character. I promise I won't ever lay a hand on you. My temper can burn bright, sweetness, but never do you need to fear me causin' you harm like that."

11). "I could live without anyone in this while damn world, but you... I couldn't go on without you. I'm a man who knows what he needs, Linney, and that's you. I won't waste time when I know in my marrow that you're made for me to love." 

12). "There will never be a day that I won't have you in my arms when I wake, Caroline. I don't care what's thrown at us in this life, me needin' to care for you will never be somethin' I look at as a burden. I'll spend every second of every day showin' you that I deserve that honor. Even if you get thrown from a horse and break your back- even then will I love every second that I'm blessed with you in my life."

13). "Had a little more time for this to sink in, darlin', and I get you not believin' the good doctor, but please, baby...let them show us what our love created." 

14). "Thank you, darlin', for takin' that seat next to me, makin' that crowded bar feel empty with your shy smiles, takin' a chance on us, and, in the end, givin' me life."  

15). "Never dreamed that this existed. You fill me with so much, darlin', that a lifetime will never be enough for me to repay that."

16). "I'll love you forever and always, Linney." 

After reading the third (and last) book in the series, I want a man like Clay Davis! If you like sexy cowboy/cowgirl romance novels (or just romance novels in general), I strongly recommend checking out the "Coming Home" series by Harper Sloan. They will leave you wanting a dark, handsome cowboy yourself.