Top 7 Ways To Stay Safe During Hunting Season

Hunting Season

898

It's summertime, and the white woods will turn green again. Are you ready for this year's hunting season to begin? The green forests beckon you. Pack your bags and get ready for some horrendous experience amidst the thick bushes.

Fantasizing some mountain on the moon? That you are jumping behind some wild boar or some deer! Excitement runs wild, and ecstasy runs wilder.

How To Stay Safe During Hunting Seasons

Depending on where you are hunting and making camp, there can be a higher risk of running into natural predators in the area. If you are hunting in the spring and summer, mountain lions and bears can be more active and can be in search of prey to sustain themselves.

Generally speaking, Humans are safe from natural predators, but one needs to be prepared in the scenario where they find themselves in danger. Naturally, a shotgun is the best firearm to keep yourself safe at night when camping.

The Benelli M4 can double as a hunting shotgun and also as a camp safety shotgun at night. A useful accessory to add on is a Benelli M4 collapsible stock. This can help you be more comfortable with the length of the pull. It is very important to be comfortable shouldering the firearm for when you may need to use it.

Let's discuss some of the ways through which you keep yourself safe during the hunting seasons.

1. Communication Is The Key

When you are going hunting, discuss nitty gritty guns with your kids. Try to explain to them why keeping guns is important. If you are in a team, learn how to keep discussing every aspect of the map. Discuss all the arrangements. If you visit a gun range to set your shoulder, discuss the rules and regulations here.

2. Watch Out For Some Heart Attack Warning Signs

Right before going hunting, you need to have your muscles prepared. Because the running track and the rocky terrains amidst the jungle are not the same. While chasing a deer, you need a much higher acceleration than normal.

It is found in a study that the chances of heart attack increase to 85% (above 40) when you accelerate at some abnormal speed. So take intermittent rests while you are hunting under the scorching sun amidst desolate woods. Remember to keep your medicines.

3. Storing Guns And Ammunitions

We often hear about accidental shootings and deaths. You know, some little kid pressed the trigger. Firstly you must keep your guns safe and secure; keep them in safe cabinets.

You know kids are always inquisitive, and they might try something in your absence. Firstly, have some conversation with them regarding the safety and security of the ammunition. Tell them about the dangers. Lastly, consider trigger locks.

4. Wear The Appropriate Clothing

Safety should be your first priority when you are out in the jungle. The firearms that you keep create high decibels. This can completely damage your ear. Not only this, the fire that it produces lets out some flickers of fire, and they can reach your eyes. Therefore you need protection for your eyes too. Don't compromise on the protective gear that you use.

5. Learn Basic First Aid Training

While you are in the midst of the woods, make sure that you have received some basic first aid training. This is a must for every hunter, whether professional or not. It might happen that one of your partners receives some serious injury. You might not get the best medical facilities there.

6. Ask For Permissions

Always take permission (from the owner) when you are out in the jungle. Make sure that you take their consent because you open any liability exposures before them. If you talk to the landowner well beforehand, it's good because there are many complexities.

7. Let Your Family Know Where You Are Hunting

When you are out into the woods, make sure that you let your family member know which part of the jungle you are visiting. Surprisingly a large number of accidents in the jungle took place where the members of the family did not even know where they had been. If you could call them in an emergency, they would understand and take certain steps to protect you. This is crucial.

Take Into Account Of Each & Every Step

In order to conclude, it could be said that you need to take into account each and every step before you go out this season. Hunting is not an easy job, and you need a good awareness of the things discussed above to ensure your safety.