My Top 7 Favorite Halloween Movies

My Top 7 Favorite Halloween Movies

Next stop... Halloweentown.

23
My Top 7 Favorite Halloween Movies
Popsugar

Halloween season includes fun activities like haunted houses and costume parties. For homebodies like myself, this season also consists of watching all the best Halloween movies.

I don't really count your average, everyday horror movie as a classic Halloween movie, which means there are only a select few out there in my opinion. I'm also kind of basic since I tend to like all the modern, popular ones that everyone else also likes. Doesn't make them bad movies though — they're popular for a reason.

So with that being said, in no particular order, here are my personal, favorite movies to watch during the season of All Hallows' Eve.

1. "Jeepers Creepers II" (2003)

I'm aware this isn't a Halloween movie but for some reason I love watching it in October. The first time I saw this movie was on TV around this time of year so I guess I just associate the two. I watched the first Jeepers Creepers a couple of years after I saw the second one and I like the second one better. The first one is way too creepy for me and there's only a small reference in the second one that hints at the first that doesn't need to be totally understood to enjoy the movie. The scary "creature" in this movie is almost comical how unlife-like he looks. It's like a scary teen movie, for anyone who hasn't seen it, and it's a great movie to watch on a crisp, fall night.

2. "Halloweentown" 1-4 (1998-2006)

Classic. Who doesn't love this movie series? It's everything you want in a Halloween movie. The old Disney Channel Original Movies are, in one simple word, childhood. This series, especially the first one in it, is no exception. As someone who's favorite holiday is Halloween, I would take a bus to Halloweentown and live there immediately if someone offered (or if it was actually a real place...and I don't mean Oregon where it was filmed). If you talk to any "90s kids", just don't mention how they switched out Marnie in the last movie and expected us to be fine with that.

3. "The Haunting Hour" (2007)

Full title being "The Haunting Hour: Don't Think About It", is a movie based on one of R.L. Stine's Goosebumps books and features a few old Disney Channel stars like Emily Osment. It's for sure a kids movie, (or at least decently low budget), but I actually really dig it. Osment even sang a track for the movie that I admit to actually jamming out to back when it was released.

4. "The Nightmare Before Christmas" (1993)

I will say this only once — this is a Halloween movie. If I catch anyone watching this during Christmas time I will rip your TV cable box out the wall. OK, maybe that was a little harsh, but I hate when this movie is broadcasted near Christmas just because half of it deals with Santa and has Christmas in the title. The base of the story is Halloween and the main character is a skeleton which means it's a Halloween movie in my book. Also, anything dealing with Tim Burton or Danny Elfman I'm pretty much going to watch.

5. "Beetlejuice" (1988)

I don't think this is really a Halloween movie either, but it's not a thriller or a horror movie and I don't know anyone who watches this at any other time than Halloween. Beetlejuice is a character you just love to hate and I'm surprised every time to find out that the husband and wife living in the house are dead (I'm going to assume that wasn't a spoiler since I think everyone has seen this movie). I also love the weird fashion.

6. "Hocus Pocus" (1993)

Again, another classic. This one is classic to the max. Is it safe to say this is the best movie ever? Probably. Just like "Halloweentown", "Hocus Pocus" has everything you want in a Halloween movie. I wish my Halloween nights were as adventurous as Max, Dani, and Allison's. If there's one movie to watch at Halloween time, it's gotta be this one. I like to watch it as close to Halloween as I can.

7. "The Haunted Mansion" (2003)

If you want some laughs with your Halloween movie than look no further than "The Haunted Mansion", featuring Eddie Murphy. It has just the right amount of creepy and funny. It always makes me think of the Backstreet Boys' music video for "Everybody."

That concludes the list of my fave movies to watch in the month of October leading up to Halloween. Hope they're some of your favorites too!