Top 5 Ways For College Students To Relieve Stress

Ever wondered how to relieve college stress?

7
original image

College is easily one of the most stressful parts in one's life journey. Sometimes, no one understands quite how difficult it really is. Between monotone teachers, homework overload, group projects and impossible exams, stress levels can easily shoot straight through the roof. For me, I take a more creative route when it comes to stress relief. So sit back, unwind, and see if any of these tips can help you out.

1. Puppies

OK, let’s get real. Who doesn't love puppies? Fur balls of love and energy that are sure to bring you joy and happiness. You always have someone to snuggle and play with. You will have plenty of exercise, and that alone should relieve stress. Studies have shown that regular exercise is sure to bring stress levels way down. Plus, I mean, who doesn't dream about laying in a pile of puppies?

2. Adult Coloring Books

“Coloring is for children.” We have all heard that line plenty of times. What those people do not know is that there is a whole world of adult coloring books just waiting to be discovered. Any Harry Potter fans out there? There is a coloring book for that, and it is full of complex pages that are definitely not for children. You can also find books if you love animals, nature, mandalas and so much more. There are also coloring books for stress relief if you have had a long day full of teachers that only seem to talk in one tone, repeating the same thing over and over.

3. Wine Wednesdays

Wine Wednesdays are the perfect fix to a long start of the week. When I say wine Wednesdays, I mean wine every day. Calling it Wine Wednesday just helps ease your conscious as you finish off a nice bottle of Merlot while taking a hot bubble bath. Judge me. If you have ever been on social media or around a wine-a-holic, you would have heard by now that it is rumored to be true that a glass of wine equals an hour in the gym. So if there are about four or five glasses of wine in each bottle and you finish the whole bottle, you just got a kick-ass five hour workout and all you had to do was lift the glass to your mouth.

4. Naps

A nap a day keeps the resting bitch face away. Am I right? Naps are a necessity when you have been up all night studying for a test you probably had no chance of passing anyway. Early classes and long days call for a nice, long nap as soon as you get back home. As soon as you wake up, you will be ready to go and do homework and study up for the next day. Or that is what you tell yourself until you wake up and start binge-watching "Friends."

5. Friends

Speaking of friends, having your closest friends around at any time is a good way to relieve some stress. Having people to talk to and let any anger out that you have built up during your day is always a favorite way to relieve some stress. Parking tickets and unnecessarily hard teachers and tests are always a main topic when it comes to having to release some anger. Nothing like some quality time with great friends to turn any stressful day around.

Follow these steps, and I am sure you will be feeling calm, cool, and collected in no time.