Top 5 Toughest Exams of Asia [Briefly Explained]

Exams of Asia

958

An exam is a test that measures a person's knowledge, skills, aptitudes, or performance in a particular subject or skill.

Exams can take many forms

including multiple choice tests, essays, oral exams, or practical exams.

They are often used as a way to evaluate a student's progress, assess their understanding of a subject, or determine their eligibility for a certificate, degree, or professional license.

The purpose of exams can vary, but they are often used as a way to measure a person's proficiency in a particular area, determine their readiness for advancement, or make decisions about admission to educational programs or job opportunities.

Competitive exams are standardized tests that individuals take to compete for admission to schools, colleges, universities, or for job opportunities. These exams are designed to measure a person's knowledge, skills, aptitudes, or performance in a particular subject or skill.

The results of these exams are often used as a way to rank applicants and determine eligibility for admission or employment. Some examples of competitive exams include the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), the Civil Services Examination (UPSC), and the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT).

These exams are often highly competitive, and require extensive preparation and hard work to perform well.

In this article we are going to discuss the toughest exams of asia in simple language. So, read this article till the end to understand this briefly.

The Toughest Exams in Asia

The toughest exams in Asia are widely considered to be:

1. Indian Civil Services Examination (UPSC) in India
  2. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) in India
  3. Gaokao in China
  4. National Examination in Indonesia
  5. University Entrance Exam in South Korea (College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT))

Let’s understand this one by one -

Indian Civil Services Examination (UPSC)

The Indian Civil Services Examination (UPSC) is a competitive examination conducted annually by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in India. It is one of the toughest exams in asia, and the successful candidates are appointed as civil servants in various departments of the Indian government, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), and Indian Foreign Service (IFS), among others. The examination consists of three stages - a preliminary exam, a main exam, and an interview.

The Indian Civil Services Examination (UPSC) is considered one of the toughest exams in India due to the following reasons:

High competition: The number of applicants for the UPSC exam is much higher than the number of available positions, making the competition extremely intense.

Comprehensive syllabus: The syllabus for the examination is vast and covers a wide range of subjects, making it challenging for candidates to prepare for all aspects of the exam.

Strict evaluation criteria: The UPSC evaluates the candidates based on strict criteria, and the marking scheme is known to be rigorous, which increases the difficulty level of the exam.

Multiple stages: The examination is conducted in multiple stages, including a preliminary exam, main exam, and interview, which increases the overall difficulty level of the exam.

However, with proper preparation, dedication, and a clear strategy, it is possible to clear the UPSC exam and secure a coveted position in the Indian Civil Services.

Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)

Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a national-level engineering entrance exam in India. It is conducted annually by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate engineering programs in various engineering colleges across the country, including the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), and other top-ranked engineering colleges. The examination consists of two parts - JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

JEE Main is the first stage of the exam and is a qualifying exam for JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced is the second stage of the exam and is considered more challenging and difficult as it tests the aptitude and technical knowledge of the candidates in mathematics, physics, and chemistry.

The toughness of JEE is due to its high competition, strict evaluation criteria, and the comprehensive syllabus that covers a wide range of topics in mathematics, physics, and chemistry.

The exam is considered to be one of the toughest engineering entrance exams in India, and the competition for securing a seat in the top engineering colleges is intense.

Gaokao in China

Gaokao is the national college entrance examination in China. It is widely regarded as one of the most challenging and rigorous exams in the world, and it plays a critical role in determining a student's future academic and career prospects in China.

The exam tests the knowledge and abilities of high school students in a wide range of subjects, including mathematics, physics, chemistry, literature, history, and more. The evaluation criteria are strict, and the competition is intense, with a large number of students taking the exam every year.

The toughness of Gaokao, can be attributed to several factors:

High competition: With a large number of students taking the exam every year, the competition is extremely intense, and students must perform exceptionally well to secure a place in their desired college or university.

Strict evaluation criteria: The Gaokao is known for its strict evaluation criteria, and the marking scheme is rigorous, which increases the difficulty level of the exam.

Comprehensive syllabus: The syllabus for the exam covers a wide range of subjects, including mathematics, physics, chemistry, literature, history, and more. The students must demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding in all subjects to perform well on the exam.

High stakes: The Gaokao is seen as a make-or-break moment for students in China, as their scores on the exam can greatly impact their future opportunities for higher education and career prospects. This creates a high level of pressure on students to perform well on the exam.

Overall, Gaokao is considered to be one of the toughest exams in the world, and students must be well-prepared, dedicated, and determined to succeed.

National Examination in Indonesia

National Examination (Ujian Nasional or UN) is a standard evaluation examination in Indonesia. It is taken by students in their final year of junior high school (SMP) and senior high school (SMA) and determines whether they can continue their education in the next level.

The examination tests the knowledge and skills of students in various subjects, including mathematics, science, social studies, and Indonesian language. The evaluation criteria are strict, and the competition is intense, with a large number of students taking the exam every year.

The toughness of National Examination in Indonesia can be attributed to several factors:

High competition: With a large number of students taking the exam every year, the competition is intense, and students must perform exceptionally well to secure a place in their desired high school or university.

Strict evaluation criteria: The National Examination is known for its strict evaluation criteria, and the marking scheme is rigorous, which increases the difficulty level of the exam.

High stakes: The National Examination is seen as a crucial moment in a student's academic career, as it determines their eligibility to continue their education in the next level. This creates a high level of pressure on students to perform well on the exam.

Overall, the National Examination in Indonesia is considered to be a challenging examination, and students must be well-prepared, dedicated, and determined to succeed.

University Entrance Exam in South Korea (College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT))

The College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT), also known as the University Entrance Exam, is a standard evaluation examination in South Korea. It is taken by students in their final year of high school and determines their eligibility to continue their education at a university or college.

The examination tests the knowledge and skills of students in various subjects, including mathematics, science, social studies, Korean language, and English. The evaluation criteria are strict, and the competition is intense, with a large number of students taking the exam every year.

The toughness of the University Entrance Exam in South Korea can be attributed to several factors:

High competition: With a large number of students taking the exam every year, the competition is intense, and students must perform exceptionally well to secure a place in their desired university or college.

Strict evaluation criteria: The University Entrance Exam is known for its strict evaluation criteria, and the marking scheme is rigorous, which increases the difficulty level of the exam.

High stakes: The University Entrance Exam is seen as a crucial moment in a student's academic career, as it determines their eligibility to continue their education at a university or college. This creates a high level of pressure on students to perform well on the exam.

Overall, the University Entrance Exam in South Korea is considered to be a challenging examination, and students must be well-prepared, dedicated, and determined to succeed.

Closing Remarks

In conclusion, there are several tough exams in Asia that are known for their strict evaluation criteria, high competition, and high stakes. These exams play a critical role in determining the future academic and career prospects of students, and as a result, students must be well-prepared, dedicated, and determined to succeed.

The Indian Civil Services Examination (UPSC), Gaokao in China, National Examination in Indonesia, and University Entrance Exam in South Korea (College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT)) are some of the toughest exams in Asia, and students must invest a significant amount of time and effort to prepare for these exams.

The competition is intense, and students must demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding in a wide range of subjects to perform well on these exams.

Disclaimer - This article is based on internet research and it’s just a brief description of the toughest exams in asia. For detailed minute information please visit respective sites.