Top 5 Outdoor Places To Visit In NEPA

Top 5 Outdoor Places To Visit In NEPA

Everyone loves a spontaneous outdoor adventure!

6
Top 5 Outdoor Places To Visit In NEPA
By stevemorrissey on Everypixel

When people come to NEPA, they expect to be visiting The Crossings Premium Outlets, the Poconos, Kalahari or Great Wolf Lodge, or even Scranton (for those "Office" lovers). Though living in "The Valley" is so much more than that! You can find so many amazing little coffee shops, small businesses, and even some of the best pizza! You also do not want to miss out on the nature and history that NEPA has to offer! Here are some of my top outdoors places to visit.

Concrete City

Built in 1911, this abandoned company housing in Nanticoke is a great place to visit if you have a day off! As you walk through you buildings, there are so many places to take pictures with graffiti covering the walls. You can even bring your own spray paint and add something to this piece of living history!

Seven Tubs Nature Area

Right off the highway, Seven Tubs is one of the best places to go for a swim! With multiple swimming holes and even a natural slide, you will not be disappointed! If you don't want to swim, it has some great uphill hiking trails! With a waterfall and some bridges, it is also a great picture spot!

The Lands at Hillside Farms

Hillside Farms is a working dairy farm where you can walk around the farm, meet the animals, volunteer, and end the day with some ice cream! You're also able to shop around in the brand new mercantile store with some homemade products! It is a great spot to take photos as many people go there for weddings, senior photos, and everything in between. It is a wonderful place to walk around and just enjoy the outdoors!

Brace's Orchard

Ever since opening in 1828, Brace's has been harvesting apples and all kinds of other berries! While best know for being a great place to go apple picking in the fall, Brace's has some of the irresistible homemade goodies, and for an amazon price too!! When you go, don't forget to pick up a gallon of their famous apple cider and apple cider donuts, which are made all year round!

Pallman Farms

Looking for something relaxing to do on a Sunday morning? Add strawberry picking at Pallman Farms to your schedule! You can bring your own buckets/bowls and hop on their covered wagon as it takes you on a quick ride to the strawberry fields! You are assigned a row and you can pick as many strawberries as you want!! When you're done, pick up a Strawberry Splash Smoothie or already picked blueberries from their concession stand!

Addresses:

Concrete City- Hanover St, Nanticoke, PA 18634

Seven Tubs Nature Area- 900 Bear Creek Blvd, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702

Hillside Farms- 65 Hillside Rd, Shavertown, PA 18708

Braces Orchard- 44 Brace Rd, Dallas, PA 18612

Pallman Farms- 1511 Summit Lake Rd, Clarks Summit PA 18411