Top 5 Most Soul-Killing Jobs That You Can Take
News

Learn about some of the most stressful jobs that you can take, and what exactly makes them so horrible.

3357

There are some jobs that, while necessary, are not for the faint of heart. Many of these jobs can show the worst parts of humanity, and for those who are not a part of these industries, it is important to empathize and respect what these people go through on a daily basis.

Event Coordinator

https://unsplash.com/photos/m41k1lTzjVM

This job involves you planning out events at your employer's behest. Normally, and hopefully, the only stress in this situation should come from the deadline. However, many people often overestimate how much work a single person or a small group of people can do, and end up shoving a boatload of work on someone who isn't able to handle it.

Wedding Planner

https://unsplash.com/photos/M2T1j-6Fn8w

On a similar topic to the last one, being a wedding planner is an incredibly stressful job, regardless of the payoff. It involves many meetings with clients who often don't know what they want exactly. It is slightly understandable since each couple is planning their special day, but giving one person the task of continuously planning other's special days can get extremely taxing.

News Reporter

https://unsplash.com/photos/WYd_PkCa1BY

Still on the same branch, News Reporters are often sent off daily to write articles by a very close deadline, often with no breaks. They can be sent to places with raging thunderstorms, the aftermaths of a still living hurricane, or anywhere else on the drop of a dime to think of an article to write. Not to mention the backlash received from readers regardless of how good or bad their article was.

Military Personnel

https://unsplash.com/photos/Um9WPLvWV_M

A main problem with being a news reporter is being sent out without warning. That is life in the military. This doesn't even mention the obvious side effects of being sent into battle day after day with basically no will of your own. PSTD, insomnia, isolation, and anxiety are common problems that hound soldiers before and after they come home.

Retail

https://unsplash.com/photos/vB5qtt8X4NA

Finally we get to a job that arguably introduces you to possibly some of the dumbest people you can ever have the pleasure of meeting. While the average retail customer is a nice, well-behaved adult who wants nothing more than to get their stuff and leave, every so often you'll encounter one that seemingly operates solely on entitlement. Especially considering the fact that most people who take these jobs are teenagers, the stress can be overwhelming to often of the time.