Top 10 Song Lyrics That Have Changed My Outlook On Life

I chose songs that a lot of people would know so you can, in someway, relate to me!

326
unsplash/ Matthew McBrayer

Even if I don't listen to these songs on a daily basis, the lyrics make me want to!

"So I sneak out to the garden to see you//We keep quiet, 'cause we're dead if they knew// So close your eyes//Escape this town for a little while" - Love Story (Taylor Swift)

I first listened to this song when I was seven years old and my best friend at the time showed it to me. Not only does it hold a special place in my heart full of nostalgia, but also makes me think of a fantasy world where anything is possible.

"That I should have bought you flowers//And held your hand//Should have gave you all my hours//When I had the chance"- When I Was Your Man (Bruno Mars)

Bruno Mars has an incredible way of showing his pain over a song. He made this song not to dwell on that pain and I think it is so important in life to move on and shows that being happy for someone can always make you the bigger person no matter how much it hurts.

"Maybe you think that you can hide//I can smell your scent for miles" - Animals (Maroon 5)

The use of metaphors in this song is absolutely crazy and who better to pull that off than Maroon 5? They make it so powerful that you forget that the song is supposed to be romantic. Or at least I do!

"Now it's time to free me from the chain//I gotta find that peace, is it too late//Or could this love protect me from the pain?//I would battle for you (even if I break in two)" - Stupid Love (Lady Gaga)

Even though I've only listened to this song once, when I heard this stanza I was immediately shook because of how painful it was to listen to. The way she makes, ironically, "stupid" love sound like walking through treacherous hills is superior to many song lyrics.

"She's cheer captain//And I'm on the bleachers//Dreaming about the day when you wake up//And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time"- You Belong With Me (Taylor Swift)

What a surprise: another Taylor Swift song! I can't help it since Taylor Swift's lyrics are some of the best I've ever heard. They're clever and unique. I listened to this song even earlier than Love Story and it's just as special since it brings me back to when I was little and all songs were optimistic and almost as if they were movies.

"They got opinions, but that won't change a thing//We got each other, let's shut the world up"-  Between Us (DVSN ft. Snoh Aalegra)

Moving to a different genre than the last ones, these two phrases are capturing and it tells you that as long as you have someone you love, whether it's a friend, a significant other or even a family member, nothing that the world says about you matters anymore.

"Wait a second//Why, should you care, what they think of you//When you're all alone, by yourself, do you like you?"- Try (Colbie Caillat)

Colbie expresses the thought of seeing beauty in everyone and anyone, no matter what. She aims it to all the girls and women in the world and tells them that they don't have to try hard to impress someone, but they can try hard if they impress themselves only. It's a beautiful song with an even better message.

"Meet you at the spot, half-past ten o'clock//We don't ever stop, and we're never gonna change" - Here's To Never Growing Up (Avril Lavigne)

By the title, you can already tell what this song is about. It's about staying in a certain moment forever, typically a moment that makes you happy and alive. It's a nice song to listen to on the worse days to think about the better ones.

"I'd catch a grenade for ya// Throw my head on a blade for yaI'd jump in front of a train for ya" - Grenade (Bruno Mars)

From his songs, it seems like Bruno Mars would do a lot for many different people which is one of the pleasures to listen to his songs and see how much he would do for a certain person and makes you question how far are you willing to go for a loved one, but makes you question it in a good way.

"If I fail, if I succeed//At least I’ll live as I believe//No matter what they take from me//They can’t take away my dignity"

It's all in the lyrics. YOU only should know your worth and others don't define you.