When You're Feeling Lonely, Jam Out To These Top 10 Christian Tunes

1 Chronicles 16: 23-27

1431
Unsplash

It’s no secret that us humans are extremely social creatures. Based on physical and psychological facts, isolation hinders our developmental process. Isn’t that crazy? God wants us to be in communion with one another so much that he made it a requirement for our survival!

I remember a time in my life where I went through a season of loneliness. On the exterior I was the classic extrovert. I had lots of friends, was captain of both of my soccer teams (club and high school varsity), some might say that I was the most socialized person they had ever seen.

However, even though I had a bunch of friends that were inches away, I felt like the only person in the room. I not only felt a disconnect from my fellow peers, but it also felt like God was miles away. Let me tell you, the feeling you get when you feel a disconnect from friends does not compare to the hurt that comes from feeling apart from God.

To put it simply, feeling alone sucks. Fortunately, there’s something that always makes me feel revived when I go through those times in life where God feels distant. These 10 Christian songs are perfect to jam out to when you're feeling a little bit lonely:

1. Spirit Break out by Kim Walker-Smith

Spirit break out
Break our walls down
Spirit break out
Heaven come down
Spirit break out
Break our walls down
Spirit break out
Heaven come down

2. Love Came Down cover by Megan and Jed Richardson

If my heart is overwhelmed
And I cannot hear your voice
I hold on to what is true
Though I cannot see
If the storms of life they come
And the road ahead gets steep
I will lift these hands in faith

I will believe

3. How He Loves by John Mark McMillan Ft. Kim Walker-Smith

He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane
I am a tree
Bending beneath
The weight of his wind and mercy
When all of a sudden
I am unaware of these
Afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize how beautiful you are
And how great your affections for me

4. Take A Moment by Will Regan

No longer am I held by
The yoke of this world
Come up under the yoke of Jesus
His yoke is easy and His burden is so light

Your love carries
Your love carries me
Out of valleys and the darkest places

5. We Will Not Be Shaken by Brian Johnson and Bethel

For in the hour of our darkest day
We will not tremble, we won’t be afraid
Hope is rising like the light of dawn
Our God is for us He has overcome

All those against Him will fall

For our God is stronger

6. You Are Faithful by Kim Walker-Smith/Jesus Culture

In this place will I draw near
And your spirit soars me to the highest heights
From where I am not look back I'll keep trusting You

7. Oceans by Hillsong

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

8. The Rock Won't Move by Vertical Church Band

When the ground beneath my feet gives way
And I hear the sound of crashing waves
All my world is washing out to sea
I'm hidden safe in the God who never moves
Holding fast to the promise of the truth
That You are holding tighter still to me

9. Still Believe by Kim Walker

Your blood makes the deaf to hear right now
Your blood takes away the curse right now
Your blood heals every disease right now
Your blood sets the addict free right now

10. No Longer Slaves by Jonathan David and Melissa Helser

I am surrounded by the arms of the Father
I am surrounded by songs of deliverance
We're deliver-ed from our bondage
We're the sons and the daughters
Let us sing our freedom

The next time you're feeling lonely, turn to prayer and worship. There is no better feeling than the presence of God. Stop the excuses and stop sidestepping God. What do you have to lose?

If you choose to stay in your season of loneliness, that's your choice, but I challenge you to take a step of faith and step out of your comfort zone. Why not start with these songs? You never know what might happen.

"Let the whole earth sing to the Lord! Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! He is to be feared above all gods. The gods of other nations are mere idols, but the Lord made the heavens! Honor and majesty surround him; strength and joy fill his dwelling." -1 Chronicles 16:23-27