The Definitive Top 10 Best Ice Cream Flavors

The only way to beat the heat.
10463

Summer is now in full swing, and you know what that means? Ice cream by the pints, quarts, and gallons -- wonderfully creamy cold ice cream.

Ice cream is by far my favorite food all year long, yet when the heat of summer hits everyone is looking for an escape, and the only sure fire way to keep cool is ice cream. You can swim, blow fans, and drink ice water all you want but nothing beats a bowl or cone of sweet tasting ice cream. With this in mind, I think it's important that you not only eat ice cream but have an informed awareness of the best flavors ice cream.

Next time you go looking for a sweet summer treat, here it is the 10 best flavors of ice cream, ranked:

10. Cotton Candy

This flavor did not make the list because it is good. In fact it is most certainly not good, it is basically toothpaste flavored ice cream. This is why it is ranked last, always.

9. Strawberry

Strawberry ice cream makes one feel like they've made a healthy choice because it has fruit in it, when in fact it is still full of sugar and fat. Regardless, it is delicious.

8. Rocky Road

Chocolate and marshmallows and almonds, oh my! There is so much going on here and it is delicious. If you like chunks of toppings in your ice cream, this one is for you!

7. Chocolate

Sweet and simple, chocolate ice cream is never a bad idea. It's what your 6-year-old self would have wanted.

6. Butter Pecan

Butter pecan is the often overlooked flavor, which is unfortunate because it is absolutely amazing. All you people keep missing out on its awesomeness. Rock on, butter pecan!

5. Cookie Dough

"Hey, what would happen if we mixed cookies with ice cream?" And so cookie dough ice cream was born, which meant that combining two of the best desserts in existence was definitely a good idea.

4. Moose Tracks

My heart goes out to Moose Tracks, sometimes referred to as Bunny Tracks, and it is to die for. There is chocolate swirls and caramel filled nuggets, I think I'm in love.

3. Vanilla

The classic because like chocolate, vanilla never goes out of style. You can add whatever toppings you like, and it's always a crowd pleaser.

2. Cookies and Cream

The blend of cookies and ice cream has done it again! Cookies and cream is fantastic and satisfies the Oreo lover in me.

1. Mint Chocolate Chip

Hands down, mint chocolate chip is the best ice cream flavor around. Not only is it a pretty color, it is also refreshing and cool. I highly recommend mint chip.

Everyone has their own opinions on ice cream, but whatever you choose, be sure to enjoy every bite! Happy summer ice cream lovers!