To Those Who Are About To Lose Hope

To Those Who Are About To Lose Hope

It'll be okay

25
To Those Who Are About To Lose Hope
https://www.pexels.com/photo/green-leafed-plant-on-sand-1438404/

Before anyone asks, you might be wondering why I am about to write about giving up and not losing hope. I'm writing this because I wish someone would've told me to not lose hope as many times as I needed it to be said to me this week.

I definitely was at one of my lowest the past week. I was suffering from a cold, several projects were thrown in my direction, don't even get me started on group projects, band was at the halfway point, I'm trying to keep up with stuff in my sorority, there's this voice in the back of my head telling me dumb things that I really shouldn't worry about, my period is here, and I have been having a lot of off weeks and I just want to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep.

It's been the theme for me quite a bit the past couple of weeks but what else is new school has been picking up.

But in those times, I know that there are things that tell me to not give up on the hard times.

Especially with a recent event.

I have a family friend who was pretty much the influencer of why I wanted to go down the special education route of teaching. At the beginning of the year, he announced that after years of trying and fertility things, he and his wife were having a baby. I was so excited for him because he is such a great coach to all of the kids on the challenger team that he would be a great dad to his kid. I couldn't go to their baby shower (yay band) but I would help out on Sunday for his wife if I needed to.

A couple of days ago, their son was born.

He posted a video on Facebook about it and so then I called to congratulate them. They were an example of not losing hope in the darkest of times.

Okay, so I was going to continue but my brain was going in and out of losing my train of thought. However, in light of some recent news in the entertainment industry, I just want to say this.

Talk to someone. You are not alone. You are human. You are important to the world. Even if you might not think that what I am even saying is true, it is. Don't let anyone put you down for being who you are. Take care of yourself. If you even need to take an hour or a day to yourself, do it. People will be there to listen to you, to be a shoulder to cry on, to be that support you need. It might be near, it might be far, but it is there.

Do not lose hope, even in the darkest times. What I might have said in the recent paragraph might sound like bullshit but please, look out for those even the strongest ones.