To The College Senior About To Begin Their Final Semester Before Graduation

To The College Senior About To Begin Their Final Semester

Live in the moment this final spring semester because before you know it, it will all be over.

179
Lindsey Brady

As I go into my last semester of undergrad, there are so many thoughts running through my head. I cannot stop thinking about what I'm going to be doing after I graduate, where I am going to be, and how I am going to leave all of my best friends. It's safe to say I am very nervous about this chapter of my life closing, and I can feel these emotions creeping in and consuming my every thought.

College is a time of learning and growth for everyone. Throughout the past three and a half years, I have learned so much about myself, who I am as a person, and the goals I have for my life. I have been pushed to the breaking point academically, physically, and emotionally, and sometimes I was genuinely afraid that I was not going to be able to make it through the trials thrown my way. Despite the doubt, I was always able to come out of every situation a stronger, better version of myself. A HUGE part of my growth and frankly, my survival, throughout college has been because of the amazing friends I have made along the way.

I know everyone always says you make your best friends in college, but I never believed it until the moment I began reflecting on the past few years. I have made the most amazing friends who I can be myself around. We laugh, cry, dance on bars, and attempt the Dirty Dancing lift over and over again, even though we know we'll never get it.

The last semester of college can be a very emotional time for people. But as I'm sitting here writing this and reflecting on the best years of my life, I don't want to waste the last four months worrying about the future and crying about what will soon be in the past. I want to spend these last few months making more crazy memories with my favorite people. Staying up way too late, trying new things, and always living in the moment.

When all is said and done, I want to look back on college and have absolutely no regrets. I don't want to look back on my last semester and remember crying and stressing all the time.

I have made some of the best friends I have ever had, most of whom have become a part of my crazy family, which is a very hard bond to break. I have found someone I love, and I have felt what it is like to be truly loved by someone.

I have learned what I want to do with my future career, and create relationships with professors I respect and aspire to be like. The college life has been a crazy time, and I do not want all of it to stop because I am worried and sad.

To all of the college seniors about to start their last semester, take a deep breath and trust that everything will work out. We cannot control what is going to happen in the future, so let's focus on the now and make the most out of the next few months.