To The People Still Stuck In High School

You graduated for a reason, grow up.

16

An average person will spend four years of their life in high school, give or take a few. Every person has a different memory of high school. If you were one of the popular kids, you would probably classify high school as, "the best years of your life." If you were a nerd or loner, you're probably glad you're out of school, and that's how it should be.

Although everyone's experiences are different, we all walked the same halls, and sat in the same boring classes, and did our time. No matter what group you were in, we should all be glad we are free when it is finally over, right?

WRONG

There are some people who will spend the next two-three years searching for people to relive high school through.

There are several types of people: There is the mean girl who still loves high school drama, there is the boy who refuses to date people his own age, and there is the girl who has been graduated for two years, but still only hangs out with sophomores. I'm sure we are all familiar with these kinds of people, we have them every where.

To the mean girl that still loves high school drama, know that no one appreciates it. The girls that are still in high school have an excuse to be petty, but if you have graduated you have no reason to still be talking about the things going on in high school. Stop tweeting about drama, stop attending sporting events just to get the low-down, and get out of everyone's business. You graduated for a reason, grow up.

To the boy who refuses to date people his own age, know that that is weird. I know a guy who recently turned 20 and has never had a girlfriend who was is out of high school. The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Why would you continue to still fish from the same pond you've been in for the last four years? Go out, explore, find new people! You graduated for a reason, grow up.

To the girl who has been out of high school for two years but still only hangs out with high school aged teens, you need people your own age! Go to college, join a sorority, do something other than attend high school football games to relive your miserable life through other people again. You graduated for a reason, grow up.

And finally, to the people still in high school that plan on being this way, reevaluate your life. When you graduate go out and hang out with people your own age. Go party and have fun, do something crazy, get a tattoo, live your life outside of those four walls. You graduated for a reason, grow up.