To The Ones Who Broke Me

To The Ones Who Broke Me

It's not just one person.

50
To The Ones Who Broke Me
Handyman How To

"Say what you will about me, but you'll never break me." Well, yeah... this time you got me.

I know that words and actions from another person shouldn't bother me, but it's the people you think care about you that end up hurting you the most. You know, that one friend that would always be there for you, the sorority sister you thought you could trust, or the guy who went way too far. Those people you would call you friends are the ones that can break you down.

So this is to all who broke me, it's not just one person.

You hurt me... The betrayed hurt. I thought I could trust you, I thought I could be myself around you and know that it was a safe place that wouldn't get spread around and announced to the world. It's nothing I can't get over, but it will take awhile. When you break someone's trust it's hard to go back and nothing's worse than feeling betrayed.

You took away friendships. You made people believe so much about me that wasn't true, or a skewed view of how it really happened. You made people think I was a terrible person, something I try so hard to avoid.

It felt like no one was on my side. Of course, I have other friends around but I could always feel eyes burning into my back as I walk through campus or saw you. I don't know why I let you make me feel this way but, for some reasons, your words and actions are something I just don't think I can forgive.

For a while, I felt lost without you. I would feel uncomfortable to see you or have to be in the same room as you. Even now, I'm not a huge fan of you but it's gotten to the point where I don't care either way. Either you're there or you're not and either way, I'm fine. But I really wish it wasn't that way, I'm not a fan of holding grudges but there are some that I can't seem to let go.

I want to forgive you and act like nothing happen because the best revenge is showing the people who hurt you that you're happy? Well not in this case, I want you to know how much you hurt me so that maybe you won't hurt the next person. But you probably won't care or you'll just brush it off because it's better to look like you have no heart than to have an open one.

So yeah, you broke me. But I have to stop caring so much about people who don't care about me. You find out who your friends and the whole time you were just stabbing me in the back. I'm forgetting about you, you're just a memory that I don't see myself wanting to relive or even remember. That's it! You're on your way to becoming a repressed memory. I'm on my way up, you were like cement on my feet, I'm breaking through the person you broke.