To The Ones That Don't Support Our Dreams

"She's a dreamer. A doer. A thinker. She sees possibility everywhere."-Kate Spade

15

Most of my former classmates and friends are all in college majoring in careers that are certain. They're certain they can find a job in that particular career field. They have their lives mapped out based on this career they know they'll have.

And then there's me.

I started college off as a nursing major which would have given me easy access to a career and a high paying job. I love science; I'm educated on so many aspects of it. But it didn't make me happy. I wasn't 100 percent passionate about it and it's not what I want to spend the rest of my life doing.

I'm a dreamer. I think outside of the box and I like a challenge. Writing is what I'm passionate about and I have dreams of writing for some of the biggest magazine companies someday. Which is a risk, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Journalism isn't a career that's for certain. You have to get your words out there, connect with the right people. It's not going to be easy to start this career.

When you're a big dreamer, it's hard for other people to see the same vision you do.

But that's okay.

It's your life. Whatever makes you the happiest is exactly what you should do. The people in your life don't have to always support you. They say to keep your friends close and your enemies closer, and sometimes I think mine are a lot closer than I realize. But I look forward to the day where I can prove everyone wrong and show people that writing isn't just a hobby, it's a career.

There's always going to be people who doubt you. But you have to allow the doubters to be the reason you push so hard to make all of your dreams come true.

Anything is possible in life, just depends on how bad you want it. So whatever it is in your life you want to achieve, go out there and get it. It could be weight loss, quitting a bad habit, changing your major, or quitting the job you hate to pursue your real passion. Do it.

We only get one life here on Earth, so make the most of it. You can do whatever you set your mind to. Anything and everything is possible.