To The One Who Tried To End My Engagement

To be engaged is hard enough, imagine having your most despised enemy waiting and watching by the door, just hoping that everything will fall apart soon enough.

16
Kaitlin Hooper

To the one who tried to break up my engagement,

I typically dare not to address you directly, but this time I will. I know you well, and every time I think I have you figured out, you lie to me again. I cannot stand you, I hope you know that. You have tried to ruin everything good in my life and I have almost let you so many times. You are awful and unappreciated. You have done things in my life and to those around me that are unforgettable. You have taken over my loved ones and I may not ever get them back because of you.

You are the one who told me I was not good enough to get married. The one who reminded me of my past relationships, hoping that I would stay in the destructive cycle and ruin my own life since you were unable to. You tried to trick me into liking every cute guy that I saw both by mentioning my insecurities and my fiances. You are despicable and I dislike you so much yet there have been times I wondered if I was more like you than what I am my own Father. However, I know that I am not. You are not to be trusted and I was created to be adored. You lied and stole and ruined while I was restored, renewed and revived. You are not my friend nor are you welcome in my life. I cannot even believe I let you try to tear apart what means so much to me. I am so thankful you did not get away with it.

I am thankful for such sweet advisers in my life who reminded me of God's plan for my life, a plan that you will never be a part of except as something I work in spite of. I am so grateful for the truth that reminded me of your evil schemes. I am glad that I realized how much you did not want me to get married and that is why you fed me lie after lie each day. I cannot believe how much you hate marriage. It is such a beautiful picture of Christ on the cross, yet you...you live to destroy that image. You live to destroy me.

However, you did not succeed. Nor will you. You do not have a place in my life except to be trampled on and killed. You are awful and defeated! You did not tear apart my engagement nor will you ever. You will not stop me from walking down that aisle but I am so thankful you tried. You have shown me what Chris and I are made of and who stands for us. So for that, I tell you that you have lost. Today and every day the battle you wage against me will be in vain as my God lives and saves and defeats today and everyday.

You oh evil one have waged war and lost up against the power and glory of God, but kudos for trying. To the evil one, you have lost and Christ will win. But, thank you for reminding me just how much I must fight for what God created. To the one who tried to break up my engagement, you are only as good as who you follow and your track record proves how victories Jesus was on the cross compared to your lifetime of sins and lies. You lost.

Sincerely,

God's daughter and your forever enemy.