To The Class Of 2019

To The Class Of 2019

you’re almost there!

10
To The Class Of 2019

Dear Class of 2019,

You're almost at the finish line! Seems like almost yesterday when you were all walking through the door as freshman lining up anxiously awaiting a new chapter.

When seniors say time really does fly,they aren't kidding! When they tell you to enjoy every minute of your last year, they mean it! Don't take any opportunity for granted, and act like it's your last. Unfortunately, you will be saying goodbye to some of your closest friends that you remember meeting during orientation. But that doesn't mean that you don't still stay in touch. Believe me when I say this, it won't be easy. I shouldn't sugarcoat this next part of what I'm about to say because you should know this in the best way possible. It's not going to be so simple where you graduate and things will come together, because they won't. There will be times when you're going to feel lost and confused. I sure as hell know I was.

For the High School seniors, I remember my first day of college thinking that it was going to be the best day ever. Turns out I was nervous as hell surrounded by people I'd never met before, I was almost late to my first class because I didn't know what to wear, and I thought my now ex was everything I wanted in a boy (and boy was I wrong). With college, I was looking through social media seeing everyone 'live their best lives' while I was trying to get a job to be able to do such. I felt like I was doing something wrong, and I didn't feel good enough. But that mindset came from what I wasn't familiar with. I thought that things after we're not going to be as bad as I expected they would be. There's always beauty within the struggle. Just because you're struggling right now doesn't mean you're meant to struggle forever.

You're not expected to have it all together after you graduate. Just remember to take your time. Also, just because you put your cap and gown on doesn't mean that you should change who you are. Your mindset may be the only thing, but it's the most important. Friends may come and go, but it doesn't mean the most important will. Your most important people after you graduate should always be the ones you stick by no matter what. Even when you feel that you're doing things on your own, it doesn't mean that they're not always there for you. Someone told me that some of the closet people in your life won't be there for your well being...they're wrong. The truest most realest people in your life will. In this big world that we live in, you're not going to be the only one that will be alone at it. There are plenty out there that will be going through the same thing.

So with this I say to you all, good luck! Sending nothing but beautiful, and positive vibes your way.

Sincerely

Me