To The Boy I Thought I Would Spend My Life With
Health Wellness

I think we were meant to be.. But we did it wrong.

34

I just want to start by saying I love you more than you could ever know and I always will. One of my biggest beliefs is that if it's real you never fall out love, you just move on from it. I know that things didn't work out and we weren't meant to be but that doesn't make it any less hard. I thought I would spend my life with you and changing that mindset isn't easy or simple in the slightest.

Anger. In every break up there's always sadness and anger. In the end we started fighting more and things started to get more tense. Maybe that's why I made the mistakes I made because I already knew I was losing you and you were driving me away. I know I messed up and I know that I ruined everything, but people make mistakes, we're not perfect right? Well that's not what you think, and you probably never will. The countless apologies and crying that I was wrong doesn't mean things should have ended the way they did. That night you promised. You promised you wouldn't leave and you would still be there to help me though everything that's happen and just be there for me. Why did you lie? Why did you leave me there like I am nothing to you? Losing my boyfriend and my best friend was enough but I never thought I would lose you as a friend as well. I'm mad, I'm so mad that you would take everything we had and treat me like I never mattered to you. You were everything to me and I never would have treated you this way or left you like this no matter what you would have done. I guess that's where we are different. I always loved you more. I always cared more. I just wish you did too.

I know I was in the wrong here and that is the reason we are no longer together but you need to know you aren't completely innocent here either. The mistakes you've made, the rude jokes, the harsh words, and the judgement; and I'm not talking after we broke up. These things may not seem like a big deal to you but they were to me. They are, and they are things that always bothered me and you knew that but you never made it a point to change. The harsh jokes and words, they wore on me, and with time it became normal and expected. The judgement is the part that hurts the most. You know everything about me and you accepted me, well so I thought. After so long you started judging, not understanding, and getting mad. These things are not things I can control and you know that. It's who I am and it's my life, I needed help and acceptance, not hurt and judgement. You made me feel like I was hard to love. Maybe that's where we went wrong the most, we didn't understand each other like a couple should.

After everything please know I'll always be here. I'll always be a friend to you even if you don't want to be one to me. I'll always love you and I hope it's the same for you. I hope you can move past everything that has happen and get to a place where you don't hate or resent me. I want to be friends and to be in a place where it's not awkward if we see eachother. I need you to know that you were a great boyfriend and I will miss you but we weren't meant to be right now, maybe we will meet later and things will change but for right now we are going our separate ways and that's okay. If it's meant to be it will be. In the end I hope you find someone who makes you happy and I hope you treat them better than you did me. I wish you so much happiness and love. I wish you the world.