To The Best Friend I Made Because Her Boyfriend Dumped Her

I owe you a huge "Thank You" for this friendship.

11
ytimg.com

She used to be a stranger, then she became someone I said "Hi" to as we passed each other on campus, then she became my best friend when you ripped her heart to pieces. I have her now and I am not planning on giving her back anytime soon. I was there for her when her world came crashing down, I was the one who spent hours with her so she didn't go home alone and cry herself to sleep, I was the one who replaced you.

I had always wanted to hang out with her and be her friend but I never knew how to go about it. I never wanted to impose on what ya'll had because it looked so perfect in every way. I had my friends and she had hers. But our paths were always crossing. We finally made plans and the time was spent talking about our relationships and how good everything seemed. She bragged on you for applying to Grad School, she talked about how proud she was of you. I was starting to become jealous of this relationship to be honest. Mine is beyond perfect but she was so perfect and so good to you, how could you.

It wasn't until that day. The day that you made her world fall right on top of her. I thought this was my chance, I had been in her shoes and I was the one who was going to be there for her. That is exactly what I did, I spent hours texting her back and forth, forced her to go eat with me since she hadn't eaten since that day, laid in her bed with her as we both worked on homework for different classes. I just didn't want her to be alone. The longer the days went on, the more we talked, the more we hung out, the more perfect this friendship was becoming.

You have so idea what you are missing out on. In the short amount of weeks of our friendship she has changed my life and made me a better person. I have helped her put memories in the back of her head of you and instead focus on the life and path that God has laid out for her. She is an inspiration and a dang good cook. You are missing out, because all of the things you used to do together I am now getting to do them.

I'm sure you are going to wonder about her and think about what she is doing, but don't worry I am keeping her safe and making sure she is doing just fine. Without your mistake I think about would this friendship be a thing? Would I be so happy with my life because I now have someone to help me along the way? Probably not, so here's to you, new friendships and one really dumb mistake.

I will constantly be thanking you from this day forward for this new friendship that was created all over you not wanting to be with such a perfect person.