To The Best Friend I'll Never Forget

To The Best Friend I'll Never Forget

You may be gone, but your memory will be with me forever.

45
To The Best Friend I'll Never Forget
Alyssa Pallmeyer

The love you have for a pet is like no other. Pets are there for you when no one else is. They love you unconditionally no matter what and make sure to greet with the happiest of greetings. But what happens when their time on this earth is over? It's hard to cope with and realize that the best friend you wanted to live life with forever cannot.

Losing my cat, Ruben, this past week really hit me hard. He has been with my family since 2003, and everyone who met him has loved him unconditionally. He was the sweetest, kindest, and most caring cat I ever met. Something about a pet creates a special bond that can't be found with another person.

He always knew when I was angry or upset and made sure he was there to comfort me. He would purr in my face and make sure that I pet him which really helped me more than him. his love and affection always overpowered any other thing that I was feeling or any problem that came my way.

Pets are always there to listen. Whenever something was on my mind, I knew I could talk to him and he would listen. Just by getting my thoughts out there helped me work through whatever was on my mind.

When it came to sleeping, he was there to nestle in to the crook of my leg or share my pillow.

Knowing when to put a pet out of their pain is a hard pill to swallow. While the most important thing is that they are living a happy and healthy life, if their condition of life is compromised, it is not fair for them to still suffer. Coming to terms with not only knowing they aren't healthy, but that their time with you is coming to an end is hard to process.

No matter the timeline, the days or years spend with your pet will never be forgotten. They were nothing but good times and remember that your pet will always know how much you loved them and that you made them the happiest pet ever. Just because they aren't with you physically anymore, their memory will stay with you forever.