To Stay or Not to Stay

To Stay or Not to Stay

A fight can change the way two people feel.

705
To Stay or Not to Stay
14 Tips in Fighting Fair with your Partner

Mr Brooks Point of View:

Wednesday comes around and Rebecca still hasn’t talked to me about her new job position. I don’t know why she hasn’t told me about it yet, I thought we were supposed to be equal partners in this relationship. Is she just going to leave me after all we’ve been through? What’s going to happen with us if she never comes back? I don’t want to seem selfish but I really care for her and I can’t imagine a life without her. She’s my everything and I don’t want to lose her. But how do I bring up the conversation without getting mad? I don’t want the last interaction with her to be a fight but we need to bring up the conversation some how.

Rebecca’s Point of View:

During my lunch break I go to the table Alan is sitting at, “Hi sweetie, how is your day going?”

“Alright.”

“Is there anything wrong?”

“No...”

“Do you want to take a hike later?”

“Uh, I was thinking about watching a movie at my place.”

“Sounds like a good idea.” The rest of the time, we sat in awkward silence. I knew there was something wrong, but if I push him I know he won’t tell me and will get mad even more.

The ending of the day rolls around and I head to Clair’s office to give her my decision. I enter her office and sits down, “Hi, I have been thinking and I believe I have reached my final decision. I am going to take the job in New York.”

“Awesome! You are going to be fantastic at your new job, but I am going to miss you working here. Here’s your paper work, just sign here, here, and here. Then you should be good to go. Your flight is set for Saturday morning and here is your ticket.”

“Thank You, I can’t wait to start this new job. I am going to miss you and the store, I will visit sometime. I couldn’t have done this without you.”

“Your welcome, have a nice day and flight!”

As I walk out of Clair’s office, I spot Alan by the door with an angry or frustrated look on his face, it’s hard to tell with him. He looks down at my hands and I realize I’m still holding the plane ticket Clair gave me. I look up to meet his eyes and I see the look on his face and I know I’m in trouble.

Clair’s Point of View:

I look through my office window and I notice that Mr. Brooks is giving Rebecca the death look. I’m assuming she didn’t tell him about her new job. This worked out way better than I thought it would. They’re probably going to have a fight tonight and they won’t make up by the time she leaves. My plan is in motion and I will finally have a chance and will pick up the pieces!

Mr Brooks Point of View:

"We need to talk about this when we get home."After I say this she just nods yes. The whole way home was quiet and every time I looked over at her she seemed about to cry at any moment. I feel bad, but I also deserve to know what's going on. I don't want to lose her especially to a job and everything we've been through. When we pull in the drive way she doesn't seem to want to get out of the car. "Hey, are you ok?"

"Yea, just give me a minute." I let her have her space and wait for her in the house. A few minutes later she walks through the door. We both walk through the house to the kitchen and sit down across from each other. I say, "So, I overheard you and Clair talking and you got a job offer for a store in New York."

"Yes, I was offered it only a couple of days ago."

"Why didn't you tell me about it, instead of me finding out?"

"I wanted to make the decision on my own."

"Well, were you ever going to tell me?"

"I was going to tell you today."

"As a couple we're supposed to make decisions together, especially ones that mean you're leaving me."

"I know it was wrong to not include you, I'm sorry."

"So, what does this mean for us?"

"We could still work it out but it would be a long distance. I want to be with you."

"I still want to be with you too, but how can I trust you when you keep important events to yourself!?"

"You have to understand my predicament. I wanted to include you but I was worried what your opinion would be."

"But then we could've worked it out together like couples should."

"I agree, I was wrong and should've included you. But my decision has been made and it's too good of an opportunity to miss."

"I don't want you to miss this opportunity, but how can I know if we can work this out when you're keeping secrets."

"I promise I won't keep any secrets from you for now on. But maybe sometimes you have to trust me if I want to make decisions myself."

"Well I wasn't included in this decision so you don't have any problems making them on your own."

"I told you already why I made it, why don't you just let it go?"

"Me, Let it go? You're the one who's hiding things!"

"I'm not hiding things, I just told you."

"Yea, after you made the decision without me!"

"I don't understand why you're still so upset."

"It seemed like you don't need my input on anything, so have fun in New York!"

Rebecca's Point of View:

"Alan! Come back, we need to resolve this!"

"We just did," then he slammed the door. I can't believe this escalated so much, I didn't think he would get this angry. I still have to leave Friday whether he's on board with the decision or not. I will try to talk to him tomorrow, hopefully he cools down. I hope the job doesn't ruin our relationship because I truly love him and I don't know what I would do without him in my life.