7 Things to do in Indianapolis

7 Things You Have To See In Indianapolis, Besides The Motor Speedway

Despite the plague of potholes, Indianapolis has a lot to offer!

107
Personal

I've lived in Indianapolis to go to school for the last 2.5 years and I have come to really enjoy the city. It is full of interesting things to do and see - and a lot of great places to eat. Here are 7 of my favorite places in and around Indianapolis.

1. Indianapolis Museum of Art

The amount of things offered by the IMA - or Newfields - is endless, and I could write an entire article on just that. From four stories of wonderful art exhibits to acres filled with gardens and more art, you could spend a week there and not have seen everything.

2. Monument Circle

At the heart of downtown Indianapolis is monument circle. It is one of my favorite places to spend time. There are many things around the monument - notably Rocket Fizz (a soda shop) and The Chocolate Cafe (a chocolate shop) - and you can climb the monument itself! In the winter season, there are lights around the monument. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the circle to get into the Christmas spirit!

3. Mass Ave

AKA Massachusetts Avenue, is an awesome place to shop and eat in downtown Indianapolis. I've taken my family to multiple restaurants along this diagonal road and we've never had a bad meal. There are many cute shops and tasty places to eat.

4. Cake Bake

The Cake Bake is a lovely place to get drinks and cake in Broad Ripple. Broad Ripple is an area towards the Northern part of Indy with a lot of bars, restaurants, and shops. Cake Bake has award-winning desserts that are absolutely worth trying if you're in the area!

5. 317 Burger

My go-to place for dinner in Broad Ripple is 317 Burger. They have a range of really great range of burgers and similar sandwiches. Their garlic fries are absolutely worth trying if you're in Broad Ripple!

6. Electric Scooters

All over Indianapolis, there are now Limes and Birds - electric scooters that you can use to travel! They're really fun and inexpensive, my mother and I used them to travel a few hundred yards just for fun. long-time the $2.

7. Carmel Arts District

While Carmel, Indiana is outside of Indianapolis proper, it's only about half an hour away from downtown Indy!

There's a long-time and exciting arts district in Carmel full of unique and local artists selling these unique works.

If you are ever passing through Indianapolis or if you're a long-time resident, check out any of these 7 places for a great experience.