To My Older Brother

To My Older Brother

From teaching me how to tie my shoes, to graduating high school.

61
To My Older Brother
Emanuela Scollo

To my older brother,

From day one you have been my best friend, even though you probably enjoyed being an only child for a year until I came along. The first thing you taught me was how to tie my shoes, and since then you have taught me countless other things.

From family vacations, to running errands together, you have always been by my side. You're the person I can call at 1AM with a crazy story, or if I just need some advice. When I do need advice, you always give me an unbiased opinion that usually solves my problems.

You're always there to get food with me when I don't want to go alone. When I don't feel like hanging out with my friends, you always invite me to go with you and your friends. You always give me the inside scoop, from taking the road test to applying for college. Thanks to you, I always have had someone to talk to during family parties. When all of my friends depended on rides from their parents, I could brag about my brother being able to drive me places.

You've always been the first one to tell me if a friend isn't treating me right, or if I'm being dramatic about something. I can't thank you enough for always being there for me.

From teaching me how to tie my shoes, to graduating high school, we have only grown closer. Now we aren't living under the same roof, but when I see you we talk and bicker like nothing has changed.

From,

Your younger sister