A Letter To My Younger Sister
Friendships

An Open Letter To My Younger Sister

You're genuinely the only one who can make me cry laugh.

149
An Open Letter To My Younger Sister
Elizabeth Ortiz

Dear Sis,

I want to start off by simply saying: thank you. I don't think I say it often enough but I seriously mean it.

Thank you for listening to me cry and somehow being able to make me laugh even in those moments. You're genuinely the only one who can make me cry laugh.

Thank you for listening to all my rants and all my anxious thoughts. I know I can be overwhelming at times but thank you for just being there and listening.

Thank you for being my partner in crime in everything and just hanging out with me. Life is a million times better with you around. I also want to say I love you. You are my best friend. We fight over every small thing and even when we have those bigger fights - we always know that at the end of the day we will always be there for each other. Genuinely my favorite memories with you are always the ones where we are cracking up so hard that I'm wheezing. I love that we will just randomly go on target runs just because we have nothing better to do. And I'm very grateful for those late night car drives when we just update each other about everything and anything.

You are literally one of the funniest people I know, even if I always say "that's not funny." And don't even get me started on those dance moves you have lol Recently those "sister dates" we have been having are my favorite memories.

I don't know how you grew up so fast. I remember seeing you with your emo hair in middle school and somehow now you've become this beautiful young adult. We always just I'm you're "little" big sister because you have always been better at the whole makeup and independence thins. But dang girl, you're about to be eighteen next year and I can't believe how fast time has gone.

I'm so proud of you lil sis. Of the amazing and kind woman that you are. I admire that you stand up for what you believe in and that you are so strong. You have gone through so much the year but you always come out stronger. As the older one, it is my duty to throw out some advice. So let me remind you to always trust in God- even when it gets hard and even when it doesn't make sense. And know that He is always, ALWAYS, with you. And lastly, I want to end by saying I'm sorry.

I'm sorry because sometimes I get so busy that I'm barely home.

I'm sorry that sometimes instead of having those late night talks I have to do homework. And I'm sorry for all the times I've yelled at you when you're actually right. (This is the time to say I'm sorry about using your toothbrush this week- sorry- it grossed me out as much as it is you right now). I'm always praying for you sis and I love ya. Cheers to a new year of amazing new memories!!!!

- Your Big Sis