To my younger brother during his senior year...

6 more months until you're a real grown up.

72

First of all, I never thought I'd get emotional writing about your senior year of high school.

I still remember when you punched me in my nose and it started bleeding, our numerous tea parties and math lessons (me forcing you against your will), our nerf gun wars, me pushing you off the trampoline (sorry lol), and our car rides to school when I could finally drive. I know you're ready, and it kinda scares me. When you walk across the stage, enjoy the moment and be proud of everything you've accomplished (because it's a lot). Don't look for me because I'm going to be ugly crying. ahhhh!

I'll tell you, I miss the childhood days living at home and they are slowly fading into the distance. I know you're excited for UK and I am too, but I think this transition is going to be harder for me than you. My sister mom instinct is already kicking in, and I'm going to try not to be over bearing and let you live your life. *sigh*

I'm going to write a few words of advice as you come up on this next chapter of your life...

1. Friends will come and go. You hear this growing up, but it really happens, don't stress.

2. Life is expensive. Time is money.

3. College freedom is really different. It's upon you, a blessing and a curse. Be safe, always.

4. Read the syllabus. Talk to your Professors, they are human beings.

5. Enjoy your time at home because once you leave for college, coming home is a different type of feeling. I know you feel "grown" right now, but you will miss free laundry and food.

6. Use Rate my professor.

7. Be a good roommate. Clean up after yourself, and don't purposely be loud.

You're my little brother even if you tower over me, we have the best big/little sibling dynamic duo going on. So blessed to have been able to grow up right next to you. I will support you no matter what, but I will let you know when I think you're wrong. ;)

Get ready for random room checks because you know I'm an over protective mom. haha jk, or am I?

I'm big proud T-Dawg.

love,

your big sis