To My Unexpected Best Friend

To My Unexpected Best Friend

True friends are like sunflowers that never fade away, even over distance and time.

15
To My Unexpected Best Friend

Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love you. I've told you several times, but I can never truly express how much you mean to me.

I've known you for less than a year, and we've really only been friends for a little over 5 months, but it feels like so much longer. When I started working at Montessori, I never really saw you. I think I may have subbed for you a few times, but I don't ever remember getting to work with you. I was mostly at the infant toddler building and occasionally subbed for school age. The days I subbed with school age though, we combined because you had to leave early.

Then when May rolled around, I subbed for one of the school age teachers until the summer session started. That was the first time I really got to work with you. We took the kids to the field most days and decided to stay out until 6 because it was so nice out. One day you were talking about how you were going to see Aladdin after work. I had mentioned that I was supposed to see it with my roommate but she kept putting it off. You asked if I wanted to come with you. I was hesitant at first because I knew that you were looking forward to having a friend date with one of our other coworkers, but I ended up saying yes. I am so glad I did. After the movie we ended up going into work to use the bathroom and ended up talking for like an hour and a half about a lot of stuff, but mostly Game of Thrones. This is the night that I associate with the beginning of this amazing friendship.

We got even closer over the summer, working together everyday and having occasional family dinners. I was afraid that when the semester started everything would go back to the way it was before summer, but in fact, the complete opposite happened. We've gotten even closer.

A lot has happened since the start of the semester, and as much as it's been challenging mentally, I wouldn't change anything because it's gotten us where we are today. I would take all the tears and anxiety attacks and stress all over again if it meant having you as my best friend. I'm always amazed how close people can become in such a short amount of time and how people can become strangers with someone they've know for a long time.

Thank you for being my rock. Thank you for sticking by me through everything. Thank you for always being there, even if you're not there for yourself.

I will always be your rock. I will stick by you through anything. I will always be there for you even when I'm not here for myself. You can always talk to me, about ANYTHING.

I can't wait to see where the future takes us and for our friendship to continue to grow even more.

You ain't never had a friend like me!

Love you lots!