To My Other Family

To My “Other” Family

We aren’t related by blood but I’d still consider us family....

7

To my “other” family -

I wanted to write this to thank you guys for all that you are. We aren’t technically related, but when we are all together it is exactly like being with my extended family. From graduation parties to New Year’s Eve blowouts, I know that you all will always be there. Collectively, we’ve known each other for more than 30 years, so it isn’t a surprise that we’ve gotten so close. At this point I don’t even describe you guys as close friends, but rather as family.

Growing up my actual extended family was always so far that you guys seemed to fill in some of that hole. It became so usual for you guys to be there that when you guys weren’t there seemed to be something missing. I grew up with 7 “cousins” and 4 sets of parents. I always had someone to laugh with, play with and turn to. There wasn’t ever a shortage of jokes, roasts and jabs.

Now don’t get me wrong, just like family there are moments when you get annoyed or fed up with each other. We know so much about each other that we know the exact buttons to push when we feel like messing with each other. We were there for everyone’s best and worst moments, and people always seem to remember those at the most opportune times. Regardless, we brush it off with love because we know no one has that bad of intentions.

At the end of the day, I know that the relationships we have are really special. I know that 20 years from now we will look back at all these memories and talk about all that we did. Hopefully, our kids will also have these relationships as we grow our little latin family.

Thank you guys for everything you are. Thank you for everything I know that you guys will be. For always being there and loving everyone for who they are. For always being there when someone stumbles a little bit. For always being willing for new adventures.

Much love,

Emi