To My New Sorority Sisters

To My New Sorority Sisters

I'm so glad I found you all.

265
To My New Sorority Sisters
Kaylee Hooper

Dear Sisters,

Can you believe it has been nearly 2 months since pledging? I know I can't.

Who knew this small house on the corner of campus would now be my happy place where I always had a shoulder to lean on. While on line we were always told to "hold your sister up," little did I know that phrase would carry over into our active status. When one is down, we're all down, it's just a matter of who is gonna pick us back up. All of you have already made such an impact in my life and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

Jill- Although I may have got mad at you during pledging, I finally took that well needed chill pill. You're such a great leader of Nu Gamma Xi and you know how to uphold yourself. You taught me how to stand my ground and be a leader.

Nieya- I remember being scared of you during pledging and now that we've crossed I have no idea why. You know when to be serious and when to break away for some fun, which can be hard to balance. You taught me to better balance these things and enjoy my time outside of class.

Alissa- You're such a passionate soul. You know what you want and you are not afraid to go for it. You taught me to be more creative and have more of an edge with everything I do.

Bri- My track buddy. I'm sad that you're graduating this semester. I'm gonna miss the way you laugh and how you constantly told coach I was not dying from being a sorority girl. You taught me that it's okay to have your bad days, because my sisters will always be there for me.

Britt- The one who's always holding us up. Your positive energy is contagious and your smile lights up the room, causing everyone to be positive. You taught me that one person can bring everyone's spirits up, so why not make it yourself?

Prince- You were somewhat of a savior during hell night. So encouraging when I was so nervous I could barely speak. You have a kind heart but you know when to take your stand. You taught me to not only be sweet but to always stand up for myself, no matter the situation.

Lakisha- My mama. I honestly don't think I would have made it through pledging without our bathroom talks. You would always calm me down and make me feel better when I just wanted to quit. You taught me to be loud and proud of myself even when I'm at my most vulnerable.

Justene- My grandma and first NGX friend. You were the one who truly convinced me that being in a sorority was amazing. I cannot thank you enough for getting me into this organization and being apart of something bigger than myself. You taught me that bad things will happen to us, but we will always have each other to make us stronger.

Shannon- Although I feel like I don't see you as much as the other girls since you're a commuter, I still am just as close as the others. From transferring to Olivet from another college and I'm so glad you did. You taught me that when you truly want something, you go get it.

Ana Paula- Our Mexican princess. I'm so happy for the changes you have made during our journey together. I'll admit, in the beginning I wasn't so sure about you but now I'm happy to call you one of my best friends. You taught me how effective just a single change can be and how being humble is a great accet.

Desi- My gaming partner. I never thought me and you would work so well together but we quickly realized we make the perfect team. You came all the way to Olivet from Spain, which is still crazy to me. I am so glad you made the journey to Michigan. You taught me to be more adventurous with everything I do.

Hannah- The calm one. You're always just riding along, up for whatever, that is until someone crosses you. You are also so spontaneous with everything life throws at you which I love. You taught me that you just have to roll with the punches, good or bad.

Asheley- The one who keeps us in line. Even when you seemed to be the only one to get footwork and beats down for our chants, you still held us up and spent time trying to help us get it. You taught me to be strong and over-the-top when necessary.

Sydnee- The one who always has a great time. It seems like whenever we're all together you're the one always laughing and having fun. Even though sometimes we may get on each others nerves, You taught me to not be so serious all the time which was much needed. P.S. Your croc sandals are cool as hell.

I love you sisters. I will always be forever true to Nu Gamma Xi.