To My Mom While I'm at College

To My Mom While I'm at College

You're my best friend, and my being at college will never change that.

645
To My Mom While I'm at College
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/13/636461935287936837-1742875317_IMG_2835.JPG

Dear Mom,

The day I moved in to college and you had to leave was secretly one of the hardest days of my life. All of my sadness was masked by anger, and for that I am still sorry. Since then, I feel like the times when I'm not texting you or talking to you on the phone, I'm missing something. When I'm stressed about life and me not wanting to be an adult, you seem to always make things better. My being in college will never change that. You are my best friend, and always will be.

When I'm not home to remind you of some things, here they are. You are strong, and you should never let anyone walk over you. Just because you feel that you are disabled and cannot do the things you once thought you could, don't let that stop you from trying your best and trying to help. You help more than you know just by being there. You are the greatest mom that you could ever be, and I am so proud to call you that. You have been the greatest daughter to your mom, the greatest sister to your brothers, and you ARE the best mom to my sister and I. While all of us might not act like you're the best all the time, do not forget that you are. Do not forget that you are an independent, strong woman who knows how to get what she wants with pride. You have done everything for me, and I know that you will continue to do so. Because of this, you are my biggest role model and greatest treasure. I'm so happy that I don't have to share you with anyone else but my sister, because if I did, I wouldn't enjoy that very much. Why would I want to share a mom as great as you? Last but not least, the trait that has passed onto me in every way: you are intelligent. You know how to do things that I would never know how to do except going article by article on Google. Even though you look at my Chemistry exam and you have no idea where to start, you are able to answer every question I have, and if on the off chance you can't, you tell me where to look to find it. You have always taught me that it's not about knowing everything, but knowing where you can go to find the answers.

Mom, you help me every single day, whether it is directly or indirectly. You have taught me to everything that you are and more. You are strong, and so therefore I am strong. You have made me firmly believe in myself; I can do everything I put my mind to. I cannot tell you that there is a day that goes by that I do not talk about you because you're involved in everything I do. I wouldn't have it any other way. When I come home on weekends, I try to spend every moment I can with you because, as I said, you're my best friend. I will always try to make time to see you, even when my life calls me elsewhere. You are a priority to me, and making sure you're okay every day comes at the top of my list.

So, Mom, while I am at college, and I'm not able to be there every day, remember that I love you. I see you for everything that you are, which is strong, intelligent, independent, and so much more. You'll always have me around.

Love, your daughter who is not so far away.