To My Guy Best Friends, Thank You

To My Guy Best Friends, Thank You

Thank you for standing by my side for an entire year.

806
To My Guy Best Friends, Thank You
Jessie Searles

If it was any other point in the year I would probably be telling them how much I hate them. Telling them that I hope they will fail out and leave me alone. Telling them that they are LITERALLY the worst humans on the face of the earth. Since I won't be seeing them for 3 months, I have decided to try something new, and that is thanking them. So here we go.

Thank you for always making me laugh when I have had a long day.

There are some days that are just hard. Being an out of state student I do sometimes miss home (as much as I don't want my parents to think that) and you guys have been there every single rough day I have had. You have made Purdue feel like home and I don't think I could ever thank y'all enough for that.

Thank you for always doing something stupid.

Majority of the girls I know have a great head on their shoulders, and they know when they see a stupid decision. You guys know when you see a stupid decision, and you look it straight in the eyes and do it anyways. I love that about you guys is that you are always wanting to do something new (and stupid) when given the opportunity. You have taught me to take chances in ways I would never have imagined.

Thank you for always providing me with a date to my dances.

I will literally never go alone to another dance because I have 14 of you on call to go to a dance. One of you makes the sacrifice each time a formal comes around to deal with me for a night, and you end up having fun in the end even if you don't admit it.

Thank you for dealing with my stupid jokes.

I have the weirdest sense of humor ever, and I will admit I crack really bad jokes. You guys will either laugh at those jokes, or you will just continually roast me until I say something else for you guys to roast me about.

Thank you for still being my friend when I accidentally injure you.

Within the first 72 hours of knowing y'all, I cut one of your fingers and the EMTs had to come. The RA who dealt with us that night said that we would either never speak to each other again, or we would be friends forever. I guess we know how that one worked out.

Thank you for always being there.

Through the ups and downs, we had all semester, you guys never once left my side. I have had a great semester with y'all, and my college experience wouldn't be the same without you.