To My Friend Who Has 'Kept It 100,' Like, 100 Percent Of The Time

All of the reasons why I am thankful for my best friend who always keeps it real with me.

1312
Personal Photo

Having a great support system composed of real, positive friends has helped me become who I am today.

Not only have my friends made my life amusing and fun, but they have helped me grow as a person and become a better friend to others. While I have many great friends, I have a select few who are always straight up and real with me. Honesty is the best trait a friend can possess in my opinion, which is why I always strive to be honest without being hurtful. Although the truth does hurt sometimes, it may be exactly what we needed to hear.

So thank you to my sincere friends who always manage to "keep it 100" with me.

1. For Always Having My Back

Whether I am having problems with myself, relationships, other friendships, and all things in between, you are always there for me. You always know the right things to say to make me feel better. You have helped me through the hardest times and given me advice that I will follow for life. Even when I am wrong, you have my back on the spot but will later give me your honest opinion and advice. Your support means more to me than you will ever know.

2. For Always Being Down To Have Fun

If I ever get the urge to ride around in the car with the windows down and music blasting, I know that you will tag along no matter what. You are fine with listening to the High School Musical soundtrack and then immediately switching to Thomas Rhett's latest album, because you're just like me. I know you will always say yes to midnight ice cream runs and never turn down a living room wine-drunk dance party. Thank you for keeping me entertained for all of these years.

3. For Being My Favorite Critic

"No don't wear that." "GIRL YOU LOOK BANGIN'!" "That selfie is not Instagram worthy." Thank you for always helping me pick out the best outfit and making sure my Instagram game stays strong. Without your constructive criticism, I'm not sure where I would be in this world. You're real for that! Every girl needs friends to tell them how pretty they are, but you need at least one friend who will be straight up with you.

But overall, thank you for being you. Thank you for always making sure I am okay, and when I am not, thank you for turning my frown upside down. I am so appreciative of everything you do for me. I wouldn't wanna live this life with anybody else by my side. You have helped me grow into the woman I am today. You have helped me realize my worth and won't allow me to ever settle for less. In other words, thanks for always keeping it 100 bestie!