To My Favorite Fur Baby

To My Favorite Fur Baby

There's nothing better than looking into those gorgeous, big green eyes and seeing home.

65
To My Favorite Fur Baby
Ashley Brockman

A few months before I left for Iowa State University, I posted about missing my cat next fall.

The post began with the quote, "What greater gift than the love of a cat?" by Charles Dickens.

Then I continued on to say, with multiple pictures of my feline friend, "Thanks for always being the highlight of my day. Life will be so rough without your cuddles next fall."

I could not have been more accurate.

I'm aware it is unfair for a fur mama to pick her favorite baby, but I just can't help it. There's always something about that first initial love, right?

So, to my favorite fur baby,

Thank you for our moments of content before bed, where you comfort me to sleep with your superb purr. Your purr is what I miss most about being away from home.

Thank you for choosing me. I know my siblings aren't your favorite, but I'm glad I made it on that list. Our cuddles mean the world to me.

Thank you for our beautiful breakfast dates every morning when I'm home from college. There are few things in life I enjoy more than saving that last bit of milk for you to drink out of the bowl.

Thank you for being my best friend, whom I can count on to always be there to listen to my day and stay by my side when needed most.

Thank you for being the most beautiful black and white baby in the world. There's nothing better than looking in those gorgeous, big green eyes and seeing home. I'll see you soon, big boy.