To My College Friends As We All Go Back Home For The Summer

We all have two homes now, our hometown, and our college campus.
154

Our semester is almost over, which marks the end of our first year of college. The moment we've been waiting for, summer is finally coming.

As summer closely approaches, we are more aware that we will all be saying goodbye for a few months very soon. I could have never imagined gaining such an amazing group of friends in one year of college, over 1,000 miles away from my hometown.

It has been such a fun year meeting new people, exploring new things, and finding more about myself.

Since meeting all of you guys, my nervous stomach about being far from home is no longer there. My positive outlook on life grew larger and I feel safe in my college community.

I know I will always have a good day because all of you guys make me laugh, give me advice, and are always down to hang out. This summer I will no longer be nervous about the what-ifs from last summer and imagining what college would be like and how to make friends. I no longer need to worry about trying to find my place in college, because of you guys I have a place.

Even though during the summer we will not be able to have Mellow Mushroom Monday's, study sessions, beach days, jam sessions, or movie nights, we will all be in each other's thoughts and look forward to doing all of that next semester.

During the summer we will be apart but we will be able to go back to our hometown and see family and high school friends. It will be nice for all of us to go home for a little while and reconnect with our roots.

Once summer ends, we will all be back together doing all the fun things we love to do around Charleston.

Love y'all endlessly!