To My Softest, Warmest, Cuddliest Friend - AKA, My Bed

To My Softest, Warmest, Cuddliest Friend - AKA My Bed

Thank you for sticking with me no matter what.

118

To my one true love,

First, thank you for your constant companionship. You've been with me through everything – when I needed a comfy spot to curl up while reading my textbook, when I collapsed exhausted after an exciting night out, when I just wanted to sit and contemplate life – we've been through a lot together. Words cannot express my gratitude for your steadfastness.

I'm sorry for the times I leave you in a state of disarray. It's nothing personal, I promise. The reason I often don't make you is that I'm already looking forward to returning to you. You are my best friend. I can't believe how many years I avoided you like the plague because I just wanted to stay up all night. Seriously, was I out of my mind? I now look forward to you more than anything else, and I hate leaving you in the mornings.

You also double as an excellent study partner, and you are my favorite spot to sit and do homework. Of course, sometimes late at night, I find myself too tempted to set aside my assignments, lie down, and drift into oblivion. When I'm around you, I get so distracted – everything else gets put on hold, so you can wrap me in a warm cocoon and carry me to the world of my imagination.

It's no secret to you that I love to sleep, as my weekend snooze marathons will testify. However, I appreciate you for so much more. You're always there for me when I want to watch a movie, eat a late night snack, or surf the internet.

In short, please know that I don't take you for granted. It may seem like I do, but honestly, my life wouldn't be complete without you. Even as I sit here now, I find myself gazing at you longingly and wishing I could surrender to the sweet call of sleep. Soon I will be with you, I promise. But first, I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep…

Love,

Your biggest fan