Why fall Is Overrated

To The Girl Who Can't Wait For Fall

Fall is overrated.

246
https://pixabay.com/en/road-forest-season-autumn-fall-1072823/

I don't hate fall. I want to make that very clear. As long as it's not too hot and not too cold, the weather is actually pretty enjoyable. I do love to watch the leaves change color and I like watching certain scary(ish) movies close to Halloween. But here's the thing: It's still summer!

Around this time of year, I start seeing posts about how fall is coming soon and I just don't get the hype. Personally, I like to savor every remaining ounce of summer that I can before switching gears into cold weather mode. So last year when Starbucks rolled out the pumpkin spice lattes before August was even over, I was a little annoyed.

As I said earlier, I just don't understand why people get so hyped up about the fall season. Yes, summer can be hot and miserable, but fall is the time of year when everything seems to get dark and gloomy. It rains a lot and starts to get dark earlier. Sure, you can throw on a sweater and curl up by the fire, but that doesn't compare to being able to bask in the sunshine all day.

Fall is nice when it comes around, but there's no need to rush into the next season. Once fall is over, we go into the holiday season, and after that, we're back into the dead of winter. As much as I look forward to these things, I think it's important to appreciate each season for what it has to offer, and not constantly anticipate what's coming next.