A To-Do List For Mississippi State Orientation

A To-Do List for Mississippi State Orientation

Orientation is new and exciting.

144
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvzKxMiHmrP/

It's a new chapter in your life, it's a new school, new town, and new experiences. Everyone gets so excited about orientation, don't get me wrong you should be excited about orientation, but there is so much more to Starkville than JUST orientation. There are new places to eat, to shop, and to see. Starkville is where you're going to be spending the next few years of your life, so why not explore during orientation.

1. Take a picture with Bully 

Okay, so you might have to settle for the statue of Bully but it's still something every freshman or transfer student must do. There are plenty around campus, but the one I love most is the one in front of Davis Wade!

2. Go to a local restaurant 

There is so much good food in Starkville I can't just name one. Little Dooey if you want some good BBQ, Stromboli's for pizza, Harvey's for just about anything you could want, Bulldog Burger for an amazing burger and don't forget about the classic Oby's for so many great options. Please, don't just eat at some fast food chain that's everywhere.

3. Get some ice cream

After eating, treat yourself to some locally made Mississippi State ice cream! Mississippi State is known for amazing locally made ice cream that you should absolutely try during orientation, so you know what the hype is about.

4. Head out to the refuge 

This one is probably more difficult, but if you have a few hours of spare time, head out to Noxubee wildlife refuge. It's incredibly beautiful and will be a great place to know for future study breaks.

5. Go downtown 

There are so many cute shops downtown that sell MSU gear you don't want to miss. It's also so cute if you're looking for a place to take pictures!

6. Go to Strange Brew 

A gem of Starkville, Strange Brew is the place to get coffee and baked goods. Take a picture with the "keep Starkville strange" mural, because if you don't are you even in Starkville?

7. Go do something on campus 

8. Explore campus 

Okay so I know you'll already be doing this during orientation, but I mean like really explore the campus. Go to the Chapel of Memories, try and see your future dorm room building, look at buildings you won't go in during orientation. Get to know the place you'll be spending the next few years of your life.

After all this, I know you're waiting to move into your tiny dorm room and start going to classes. Welcome to Mississippi State!