I'm A Male Feminist

"What does it mean to be a male feminist?"

It's a question that I often ask myself, and a question that is often asked to me. In the time since I joined 'Fearless United', my university's intersectional feminism student organization, I have learned so much about myself and humanity as a whole. We often discuss what feminism individually means to us and to no surprise, we all have our own definitions and viewpoints.

As a man, I'm very proud to call myself a feminist. And from my perspective, here are 10 universal statements that encapture what it really means to be a male feminist:

1. To be a male feminist is to be open and vulnerable.

2. To be a male feminist is to challenge the stereotypes of masculinity.

3. To be a male feminist is to strive for the betterment and well-being of all sexes and genders.

4. To be a male feminist is to stand up to the wrong-doings of your fellow human.

5. To be a male feminist is to stand by your fellow human when they face an injustice.

6. To be a male feminist is to celebrate the accomplishments, individuality, strength, and ingenuity of all humans.

7. To be a male feminist is to know when you are hogging the spotlight and need to step back to ensure that everyone can be heard.

8. To be a male feminist is to see life through an intersectional lens.

9. To be a male feminist is to be a feminist.

10. To be a feminist is to be a human being.