incoming freshman

To All Incoming Freshman: This Is For You

To all the high-school seniors on their way to college, here is a toast to you

7

We all remember our second-semester senior year of high school. The bitter-sweet mix of itching to leave, yet the fear and sadness that came along with it. But just know, you're about to enter one of the best, craziest, and hardest adventures of your life. From the second you get that big "Congratulations!" letter, know that you're onto big, exciting things.

However, don't focus only on trying to leave. Enjoy the time you have while you have it. Spend the night in with your mom, you'll miss her more than you expect. Go to lunch with all your friends, and be sure to play those songs on the car ride there. You know the ones. Play fetch with your dog and let your sibling get shotgun this time. Always remember there's nothing like home, even if you'll have a new one soon.

It is going to be a whole new world, from living in a dorm, to walking from class to class, and you're going to meet all types of people. Embrace it. It's going to be a challenge, but you're going to love every minute of it. From the late-night study sessions to laughing on your dorm-room floor with your new best friends, there is never a dull moment. Do not forget to enjoy where you are right now, but remain confident in knowing that in just a few short months your life is going to change, and it is going to be amazing.

It's going to be a crazy whirlwind of emotions, but always remember to keep your friends close. Make time for the Facetime calls, and every now and then send them a quick update. But talk to everyone and anyone you can at school, and don't forget the importance of first impressions.

In the end, leaving sucks. But it is going to be so worth it. Appreciate what you have right now, but then dive in head first and I promise it will be worth it.