Tips To Help You Stay With Your New Years Resolution

Make it a realistic goal.

14
Kaique Rocha

Almost everyone makes a New Years Resolution. Whether it's to go to the gym more, eat better, read more, or anything in between. But, usually, by mid-February, most people fall off the wagon.This is generally because the goals they choose are too broad, or have no time limit. Here are ways that will help you stick to your resolution.

1. Make sure to specify exactly what you want.

Instead of saying "I want to lose weight," say "I want to lose 15 pounds." It's more specific, which helps keep you on track.

2. Make it a realistic goal.

If you want to go to the gym more, but work every day, then going to the gym twice a day won't work. Make sure your goal is realistic and fits into your life. Not having a realistic goal also makes it hard to stay motivated when you cant keep up.

3. Set a time limit.

If you want to lose weight, make sure you specify how much, but also by when. While your time may not be set in stone, since life does happen, it can help you reach milestones, and help you know where in your progress you should/want to be. So say- "I want to lose 15 pounds by December 12th."

4. Tell someone.

Now that you have told someone, it will keep you responsible for staying on track.

5. Create an inspiration board.

To help you say motivated.

6. But don't feel bad when you slip up, it happens to everyone.

Just start new the next day and try again! Good luck!