The National Geographic's campaign, Planet or Plastic?, is an on-going, continuous effort to raise awareness about the global plastic waste crisis. Here are eight simple ways you can reduce single-use plastics:
1. Replace plastic straws with reusable, metal straws!
2. Carry a reusable water bottle.
3. Carry reusable coffee mugs and thermoses.
4. Cut out disposable utensils!
5. Carry reusable shopping bags.
6. Avoid products that contain microbeads...
7. Avoid buying food products with excessive packaging!
8. Re-evaluate your food storage techniques.
Read more about single-use plastics and their detrimental effects here.