5 Tips for Time Management
Education

5 Tips For Time Management

Easy ways to stay on top of assignments and balance your time!

254
5 Tips For Time Management

With Spring semester in full swing, life can get a bit overwhelming! It can be hard to balance classes, clubs, and all of the extra things in your life! Here are a few ways to stay ahead on assignments and never miss a beat.

Make a To-Do List

This may seem like an obvious tip, but it really does help! Seeing everything that you need completed for a day and being able to check things off as you go allows you to take control of your day and visibly see your progress!

"Change" the due date!

A trick that I like to use to stay ahead on assignments for my classes is write the due dates for assignments as a day or a couple days ahead of the actual date! This allows things to be done early, and it creates extra time if things don't go as planned!

Plan ahead for events.

Being a part of a club or athletic team comes with extra events and such that may create an obstacle for you when it comes to getting assignments done or studying. One way to avoid any conflicts with this is to look ahead and plan when you can make up for the lost time BEFORE the event so that you can stay ahead! This can also help prevent last-minute cramming or rushing through assignments!

Get things done in the morning.

One thing that I try to do everyday is to get my assignments and studying done in the morning, in between classes or before dinner. This allows me to check the things off of my to-do list early on, and it gives me ample free time to do what I want at night! This is a great tip for anyone who works or has lots of extracurriculars in the evenings!

Get enough sleep!

Getting enough sleep provides so many benefits to not only your health, but also the things you do! With enough sleep, getting up in the morning isn't as difficult (for most people), you're awake and ready to get things done ~in the morning~, and the things you do will most likely be of higher quality because you won't be as tired!!