To The Customers Who Actually Tip, Thank You From The Bottom Of My Paycheck

Bless you, because not everyone does that.

645
Flickr Creative Commons

To Those Who Tip,

I personally want to thank you. I personally appreciate each and every person that comes into the restaurant that I am working at. Even if I do not receive a tip at the end of the experience. You see a lot of articles or posts about how people get frustrated over customer's not tipping, but this is not what this is about.

This is an open letter to all those people who leave a nice tip.

Thank you.

You make my life and job a little easier. You take what could have been a bad day and make it into a better one. Especially if everything is not going as expected or as smoothly as I want. I personally try to make sure everything goes perfectly as possible. I want to make sure you get refills, napkins, your food, whatever it is you need. Even if it is your fourth extra ranch.

When I have a table I want them to feel as welcome as possible.

The first restaurant that I worked at taught me that. I want for you to feel like you are family coming in and sitting and enjoying a meal. A lot of these recipes are old family recipes. We want you to come back and be apart of the family. That's the kind of service I want and try to accomplish.

And if you see that that is what I am trying to do, or that I am running around and trying to make sure everyone is doing good and you leave a good tip.

I am gracious for every single penny I get. And sometimes, I will be stressed out because my bills are late. But every cent that is sent my way is used to pay for those bills or help me save up for something. So thank you for your generosity.

Thank you for every cent you give me.

Thank you for the little bit that you can give if it is a small amount. Thank you for your generosity, because this is my job.

I can tell you one thing: I love what I do.

Sincerly,

A hard working waitress