25 Songs That Were On My iPod In Middle School And Should Be Next On Your Spotify Queue

For those of you who need a reminder of how great music was in the early 2010's

20034
Photo by Juja Han on Unsplash

Remember when you were in middle school and your parents got you your first iPod touch for Christmas, and now you had a way to text your friends as well as some access to the internet? I don't. I didn't get my first iPhone until I was right about to enter high school, but what I did have was a little, blue iPod shuffle. I had a very limited song selection on this tiny iPod, most of which were show tunes.

However, while my bus driver would play the local radio station, I would be listening for some new songs to add to my collection next time someone gave me an iTunes gift card. In my opinion, the 25 songs I have listed below are some of the greatest hits of my middle school days.

1. "Can't Hold Us" — Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

2. "Hey, Soul Sister" — Train

3. "Classic" — MKTO

4. "Clarity" — Zedd, Foxes

5. "Only Girl (In the World)" — Rihanna

6. "Rolling in the Deep" — Adele

7. "We are Young" — fun., Janelle Monáe

8. "Uptown Funk" — Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars

9. "Radioactive" — Imagine Dragons

10. "Call Me Maybe" — Carly Rae Jepsen

11. "Thrift Shop" — Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

12. "Happy" — Pharrell Williams

13. "Riptide" — Vance Joy

14. "I Will Wait" — Mumford & Sons

15. "Titanium" — David Guetta, Sia

16. "Some Nights" — fun.

17. "Give Your Heart a Break" — Demi Lovato

18. "I Won't Give Up" — Jason Mraz

19. "Secrets" — OneRepublic

20. "On The Floor" — Jennifer Lopez

21. "Applause" — Lady Gaga

22. "Roar" — Katy Perry

23. "Dance Again" — Jennifer Lopez

24. "The Way" — Ariana Grande

25. "A Sky Full of Stars" — Coldplay