Three Self-Care Tips for Winter Break

Three Self-Care Tips for Winter Break

Give yourself a present this holiday season.

37
Three Self-Care Tips for Winter Break

Don't be fooled by the recent phenomenon of oddly warm weather; it's officially Winter Break. You made it! I'm proud of you. It's time to de-stress from finals week and take some time to take care of yourself. You deserve it!

1. Take yourself on a date.

Give yourself some quality alone time. Put as much thought into it as you would if you were taking the bae out on a date. You have been stuffed inside crowded and smelly libraries for the past couple weeks. Do some things that you enjoy to make you happy. Take yourself to the movies and see a flick that you've always wanted to check out. Get a bomb recipe off the internet and make yourself a great meal. Make a solid Spotify playlist and take a walk through a cute park. Enjoy the scenery. It'll be the most fulfilling date you'll have ever been on. Who knows what you like better than you?

2. Have a DIY spa day.

Take a day to give your body and mind some cleansing. You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars and go to some random spa around the way to make yourself feel good. This is an article about de-stressing! You have got all the things that you need right in your domain. Here's an easy to follow YouTube video to have a relaxing spa day in the comfort of your own home.

3. Explore your interests.

School has been one of your top priorities ever since the summertime. Now, with that out the way, you've got enough time to dive into something that your passionate about. Want to binge watch that one series on Netflix you've been eyeing? Go for it. Buy your favorite snacks and have a Netflix and Chill session where you don't have to share the goodies. Want to take up a creative hobby like drawing or jewelry-making to fulfill your creative spirit? Have at it. Create the world's next trend. Give yourself the opportunity to attempt the things that you've always been interested in. Now that you don't have to worry about the next test creeping up on you the world is your oyster.

I hope one of my tips inspired you to do something to benefit yourself this holiday season. I know it's supposed to be all about giving, but take the time to give to yourself as well. Happy Holidays!